1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Did God Do For You This WeeK

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 7, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today was one of those days when we received a blessing that was from out of no where!

We had to take our car back to the shop for the third time since our mechanic did the 90,000-mile service and changed the timing belt [a major thing]. We had to take the car back several times because it was running rough; dying when stopped; and the engine light went on a few miles after we picked it up after its second visit to the mechanic in less than three days.

Well, let's make this short. We needed to leave the car for the entire week in order to extended warranty to pick up the cost of replacing worn out engine and transmission mounts. Our mechanic also needed to address the problems we encountered after last week's 90,000-mile service. When we dropped the car off on Monday, we asked Angel [the mechanic] to put some Freon in the A/C while he had it, as it was running a little warm, and the heat is going way up with each passing day, like everyone else around the nation can attest to.

Today, we expected to pay the hundred dollar deductible, and for the freon.

Angel would have none of that. He took care of the deductible for all our problems and also did a complete A/C service, and replaced the stepper motor [the computer thingofajob] that keeps the car running smooth and not dying out.

In all, Angel saved us more than four hundred dollars today. That was a real, out-of-no-where blessing, and just one more reason that we have been taking our cars to Angel for more than twenty-five years now.

God is always faithful, and He never ceases to amaze me with these unexpected blessings. This will allow us to make a blessing to the church offering. Thank you Jesus.

So, what has God done for you this week?

Testimony, like confession, is good for the soul, and I'm sure many of you have something special to share too! :type:

I'm not bragging, just needing to share how God continues to intervene when and where we least expect!!! :applause:

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was shopping after getting a load in woodburn , Oregon.I started talking with a man who checked out behind me.
    I started speaking to him about sermonaudio.He was very excited in that he also was a Reformed Baptist[67 yrs old] and for the last 20 yrs has a ministry in a mission house in Portland.
    He related how he has seen God change many lives by His grace....several recently. I was so encouraged by this providence[ I loaded 4 hours early] so I was at the store right on time.....God's time...
    He invited me to fellowship at the church next time I am up that way..so maybe I can go to the homeless mission with him to minister the words of life.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

God is good to His children!! :godisgood::jesus::godisgood::jesus:

Thank you Brothers for your wonderful testimonies!!!

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God was our refuge and strength this week as we endured 6 days without power during 100 degree weather. Most of WV lost power due to the storms from last weekend. Our town lost power Friday night, then lost water on Saturday night.

It was an uncomfortable ordeal, but God protected us in so many ways. With hundreds of trees down all over the county, our house, church, and the church parsonage were all spared from damage. While some lost their appliances due to the power outage and a power surge that happened, our fridge and freezer and other appliances are fine. Although the water was out, we were able to have a service at church Sunday morning. At first I thought my dh was nuts to have church as usual, because I thought no one would come. BUT GOD, in his miraculous way, turned on the electric at the church and the place was full of people wanting to come sit in the air conditioning! The surrounding houses did not have electric, but the church did. I firmly believe that it was God's hand blessing us for having church as usual.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He let me keep breathing.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has chastised me in certain areas. And I am grateful for it.

He also kept me from a car accident that would have been my fault and very deadly. I made a very negligent move on the road and even thinking about it right now overwhelms me.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will Pray...

...anytime you can get in to speak and share at a mission is a blessed opportunity. I pray you are able to get there, and get there often.

8. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It was a tough week. Work was really horrible, though I'm thankful I have a job.

Our son was diagnosed with autism on Tuesday. We have a lot of work ahead of us. A pastor friend of mine (who I'm preaching for in his pulpit tomorrow) told me that God gives special children to special people. When he said that, I bawled my eyes out because it made me think of how God brought us together and also about our daughter who we buried back in 2005. I love my wife deeply and God has seen us through some really horrific things.

I also cried because it was the truth-- God brought my wife and I together for a purpose! It is no accident that she is a k-12 special education teacher.

God is good all the time.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are...

...defintiely a special person, as is your wife. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's passing. That is not easy at all. Like my dad siad when my step brother passed away, parents shouldn't be burying their children.

God gave you the strength, or you wouldn't have the trials. Your trials are an example of the truth that God's children do not have it easy on the narrow path to Glory. We all have our burdens, and you and your wife have had your fair share. I would like to join others on the board who will be praying for you both...Shalom:praying:

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

My son had this as a Facebook post last week:
    "Your hurt could be someone else's hope." Craig Jutila

11. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Ten Dollars Well Spent

Wow! Praise the Lord we serve such an amazing God. Your testimonies are great. I had something happen to me this week. I'm not trying to brag on myself, but it was such a blessing to me.

Yesterday, I had placed ten dollars in my wallet with a strange request to God. I asked him that someone would come along that would desperately need it. My friends and I found ourselves walking around campus when I noticed a car roll into the parking lot near the entrance. A lady and her husband stepped out looking very disraught. It was apparent their car had run out of gas. All she wanted was use of a phone, and wouldn't it be that my cell was being repaired and my other friends didn't have theirs. I told her to come with me, and I'd take her to the Academic Center.

All my friends were reserved and didn't really want to do much (which I understand. Pensacola residence can be sketchy), so I took her myself. When I got to the AC, it was sad how I had to nearly pull teeth to get a phone off some of the other students. They all kept eyeing the lady like she was an intruder.

She couldn't reach anyone, said thanks, and started to go. I knew when she first talked to me she had mentioned that they had filled the tank with their last bit of cash trying to make it home from a trip. I pulled out my ten and handed it to her. She firmly refused it over and over. I knew better than to give in. That money wasn't mine and this lady needed to go home. She finally broke down and started sobbing. "There are good people in this world," she choked and through her arms around me. "I believe in guardian angels," she whispered.

I wanted her to stay so I could tell her more about my Jesus, but she left quickly, asking directions to the nearest gas station. Praise the Lord I could help her. May that small act of kindness somehow have planted a seed of some sort in her heart.

12. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Last week's story may not be as dramatic as the other ones on here, but FWIW, here's my little "blessing":

Had to do some shopping in Mt. Juliet (next town E of Nashville along I-40). Noticed that gas station near my shopping destination had 87 at $2.99.9. Most local stations in UCLA [Upper Corner of Lower Antioch :smilewinkgrin:] where I live were selling it at $3.09.9, so, since I was close to having to fill my tank anyway I pull in at the Mt. Juliet one.

While paying for the bill, I noticed the attendant's name was Soloman. Since my 1st name is Paul, I thought, why not start a OT/NT conversation. Turns out that Soloman attends the Ethiopian congregation that meets in another building on my church's (Lighthouse Christian Fellowship - www.lighthouseministries.org ) campus!! :godisgood:

(Would have fellowshipped w/my new found sibling in Christ longer, but then gas station's lines started getting longer so he had to do what he's getting paid to do.)

#12 ktn4eg, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  13. prodical son

prodical son New Member

14. prodical son

prodical son New Member

The Lord has indeed been so good to me,as in a song sometimes sung in our church expresses.
    I rejoice in this often, an just when i begin to forget, i'm reminded again!
    Just last weekend i wen to a meeting at my church,scheduled to last three days.
    Friday,Saturday,and Sunday
    I left for church friday evening to arive about 6:00-6:30pm,service to start at 7:00.
    Upon my arrival i found that the left frount wheel on my pickup was smoking!
    I went into the church and filled a 20 oz. pop bottle with water from a sink,and used it to try to cool the brakes down on that wheel.
    called the wife decided to return home with truck, i quickly became aware that the truck wasn't going anywhere as the wheel was smoking again,made it back to church soaked it down again,went ahead and attended service.
    after hearing of my plight some dear people gave me a ride home we were very late getting there,and i am sure they were much later geting to their home.
    God bless them!!!
    I took another truck belonging to my son back the next day to the church.
    My wife whom i love very much hadn't been to church with me for a long time.
    I had to have someone to drive one of the trucks back home if i could get mine fixed.
    Guess Who!
    I couldn't fix the truck that day so i had to return again the next,guess who was with me again we attended service both days saturday,and sunday.
    I still couldn't fix the truck (couldn't find the right part)had to have a wrecker haul it home.
    this poast is getting long so let me try to finish if i can
    I recieved a triple blessing that day,I didn't get killed when thbe wheel almost came off,my wife went to church with me, and i got to see how dear,sweet,and generious the Lord's people can be
    AMEN!

15. prodical son

prodical son New Member

I forgot to mention the church is aproximately 53 miles from my home, one way.