1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do dead christians do?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, of course you're right. Maybe I should have been clear about the hereafter.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The goal, then, is to reckon yourself to be completely separated from sin; so separated that in your mind it doesn't even exist. You are dead to it. You won't react to it. Rather you are alive to Christ instead.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    Yes. But is still is us who do the reckoning, and we have great difficulty reckoning at all or reckoning right. I always resolve my enigmas with Romans 7, and find consolation in the reality of living by faith, that it SHALL be a battle between my old man self, and Christ in me. I actually have come to the realisation that if there is not THIS very warfare going on in me, - or in anyone else - Christ has not made habitation in the heart yet.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "reckon ye also yourselves to be dead"

It is the goal, "to be" ... it has not been achieved fully yet. Achievement in truth here is the striving to reach the goal.

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So I 'm curios I was wondering about the nature of grace salvation and works. The thing is there are tons of scripture about acheiving and being found worthy of the kingdom. And this is said to believers how does this play into salvation and the afterlife?