1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Do Tea Party Folk Want?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

A buck gets you two that this radio station wasn't exactly "fair and balanced" when it came to tea party coverage.

Furthermore...the "tea party" is not a formal organization, but a grassroots movement. Of course there will be diversity of thought.

Hey...now that we mention it...isn't diversity a good thing to libbies? Why would that be a problem?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the following:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/06/what-makes-us-happy/7439/

If, as someone suggested and is IMHO correct, there is great diversity in the Tea Party since it is supposedly not a formal organization ... what makes you think such a diverse group, if elected, can come together and do anything positive?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we're forgetting something essential here: The "Tea Party" is not an organization. It's an idea.

In its most basic essence, it's the idea that government has gotten too big for its britches.

4. targus

targus New Member

Because they all share the same opinion that higher taxes and bigger government is the problem - not the solution.

BTW - I find your line of argument to be quite ironic - given that your Demoncrat party is nothing more than a collection of special interest groups that use our money to buy each other off to ensure their support for what each wants.

Witness the bribes to get the votes to get the healthscare bill passed.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your source saying they all agree on this.

I am not arguing. I am asking, seeking opinion and information.

Gee, no one gave me a bribe. Did someone send you a bribe?

6. targus

targus New Member

You actually believe that some Tea Party supporters actually want higher taxes and more big government ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And yet when you are given an opinion your first response is to demand sources. :laugh:

Besides which - I already gave you a source.

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Mission.aspx

You voted on the healthscare bill?

You are a member of Congress?

Why do you want to pretend that you don't know about the vote buying to get the healthscare bill passed?

#26 targus, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Show me one Tea Party "source" that doesn't favor smaller government. (Of course, it's pretty well-known that the Tea Party movement is a grassroots movement rather than an established organization...but don't let facts get in you rway. They rarely do, when you'r dealing with your political enemies).

I'll agree that you're seeking opinion. I seriously doubt you're seeking information. I'd be shocked if you'd let any positive information on the Tea Party ever see the light of day. Folks who promote smaller government and individual liberty bother you far too much for that.

OK, there's no way you could be that ignorant with regards to the Cornhusker Kickback, Louisiana Purchase, and all the other bribes that went along with the "healthcare act."

Many members of Congress sold their votes on this bill. You know it. I know it. Probably Sasha Obama knows it, for crying out loud. Let's drop the playing dumb act. It ain't working.

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

I think the idea of tying happiness and money is way off the topic. The reason high taxes are so bad is not so I can get more money, it is so I can get less government. High taxes are not killing us, government spending is. Every dollar the government spends results is less liberty for the citizens.

Double my taxes, take my money, but instead of letting the government spend it or give it to who they choose, lets just burn it. The result was be a deflation of the currency and everyone's remaining dollars would be worth more. Cutting taxes sounds great, but what we need is cutting the budget.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

still waiting for Crabby's response regarding the "bribes" issue. You still want us to believe that Obamacare passed without votes being bought? Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thread is about the Tea Party ... not the Obama plan. That being true I considered your response so off topic and so illogical that it was not worth answering.

11. here now

here now Member

Hey Crabtownboy-
    What did they say?

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was several days ago. Can't remember all of the answers. I do remember the first one said the Tea Party is totally against abortion. That was the only thing he was interested in. I believe another mentioned states rights. Can't remember the others just now. But none said what the others said.

That was why I decided to start the thread, to see how many ideas are held by members on the BB.

13. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I think a lot of people miss the point of what the Tea Party is all about -- and though it is "things" and political actions, that is not the main thrust.

The Tea Party is about the same thing it was the first time around -- representation. Citizens are sick and tired of electing politicians who go to Washington and renege on the policies they ran on to get elected. Accurate and responsible representation of the citizens in the spirit of the Declaration and Constitution (government of, by, and for the people, who have inalienable rights endowed by their Creator) is the heart of the drive.

14. billwald

billwald New Member

>The Tea Party is about the same thing it was the first time around -- representation. Citizens are sick and tired of electing politicians who go to Washington and renege on the policies they ran on to get elected.

How does the TP propose to change human nature?

15. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

They don't... But, the candidates are being selected by the people rather than by the media or the Party. If candidates who change their votes or their views once in office are allowed to continue, then shame on the people who fail to enact the term limits that already exist (ballot box). That is exactly what is happening now. Human nature dictates that what one does once he or she will do again. Be honest always and always be honest. The converse has been the rule in politics for the most part.

Note that, for the most part, the TP candidates are the ones that "everyone" says cannot win -- before the fact. They are the candidates that in prior elections don't get past the primary season due to the push of media and money. This time that is not a factor. The people are voting principle instead of party and they've just discovered that they can actually win.