1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Do You Believe?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Old GT, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old GT

Old GT New Member

I have answered all the questions asked of me already. Unless I overlooked any. If you find any I overlooked then point it out to
    me then I will answer them. I will answer them whether you answer what I asked you concerning what you believe or not.

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Fine, you wrote:
    That statement implies that you believe the only reason Jesus Christ is to be considered God is because the Holy Ghost inhabited His body. We've asked you to respond and you've ducked and fired questions back at us.

Provide scriptural evidence as to why you believe this? Because from your written word it's only logical we assume you deny the Trinity. Your own words have stated, whether you intended it or not, that there is a hierarchy to the Godhead, instead of the co-equal status of the Triune God.

I can provide scriptural evidence of why Jesus is God and it has nothing to do with the interaction of the Holy Ghost and the physical body of Christ.

Here we see Jesus, referred to as "The Word" being in the beginning with God, and in fact being God. He is noted as the Creator of all things. This is direct scriptural evidence of The Father existing simultaneously with the Son, yet both being the same being.

Here we have Jesus Christ stating to the apostles the oneness between Himself and the Father.

Scripture reveals that God the Father is God, and God the Son, whom we know as Jesus Christ, is as much God as God the Father. The Holy Ghost is as much God as either the Father or the Son. It is one God.

You've yet to answer if you hold to Trinitarian theology, and I still say your own words makes it sounds as though you do not.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's back!!!!......

4. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got a question for ya, Old GT. Are you a Baptist? (from your posts it doesn't sound like it, and your profile doesn't say). If not, you're not even supposed to be posting here.

5. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked you about your views of the Trinity. You appear to be a heretic concerning that area of doctrine.

6. Old GT

Old GT New Member

I am a independent Baptist.

7. Old GT

Old GT New Member

I have already answered this on the thread.

8. Old GT

Old GT New Member

Who is back?

9. Old GT

Old GT New Member

Without the Holy Ghost Jesus would not be God. True or false?

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heresy (under the guise of an innocent question) is not tolerated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.