1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do You do for Family Worship?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Monergist, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Monergist

Monergist New Member

I'm looking for some good ideas to make use of.

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well as the saying goes,

"The family that Prays together Stays together".

3. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sometimes depends on how old your kids are?

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

How about singing age appropriate worship songs. Learn bible verses,memorization together.
    Even you children can do these things, and learn to pray.
    Anything that is time your family spends together focusing on God is worship. We live near a national park, which we really love, we used to go out as a family and talk about God's creation, and how wonderful and intricute it is.

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We often read or tell a Bible story and talk about it on their level (2 and 3 years old). We ask what they are thankful for that day and who do we know that might be sad or sick. We all take turns praying (they fight over who goes first, so we rotate), then we sing. The 3 year old (soon will be 4) has already asked some very deep questions about death, heaven, and even if Jesus is God. (Floored us!) I didnt think I'd have to answer stuff like that so soon!
    Oh, and we include the kids in ministry activities such as singing at the nursing home, preparing food baskets, and even mission trips.

6. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Thats something that I often fail to appreciate. I'm aware that God reveals his glory in creation, but too often I take it for granted.

Presently in our family worship, we begin by singing a hymn, followed by reading a passage from scripture. Then we have some teaching and discussion on some topic (right now we are going through the Westminster Confession of Faith).

Then we have a short age-appropriate lesson for my 3-year old. We practice memorizing a verse or practicing her catechism, followed by singing a chorus she knows.

We close our time together in prayer.

All the time, she's practicing being still and quiet, which really helps when Sunday comes.

7. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Its always encouraging when that happens. [​IMG]