1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you do if you have a problem and there seems to be no solution?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 13, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

What do you do? What if you pray and beg God to help you but nothing happens and even when you try to do something on your own it's not successful? I mean the worst thing is when you have a problem and you don't know what to do and God is silent and you don't see God in the situation doing anything. What do you do then? :tear:
    Do you know the saying "Help yourself then God will help you" this saying is mocking God because it basically says that God doesn't do anything, you have to help yourself. I had to think of this saying today and asked myself what shall I do?
    I have been suffering for something which I don't want to talk about because you couldn't help me anyway for a long long time. It's not a spiritual problem which could simply be solved by seeking advice from christians but the problem also has spiritual side effect since not getting the problem solved drags me down and makes me wonder where God is and why he allows this. I have been suffering from this for so long and I'm so tired of it and I also don't know what to do anymore. This is simply the worst, the feeling of being left alone with it not knowing what to do. What shall I do?
    I don't know a solution. I have tried everything and went to different doctors and nobody could really help me or give me an advice and every time I hoped and asked God to help me and I always got disappointed because none of them could help me. And now I don't know what to do anymore. The problem is even if I found somebody who could help me then it would be all through my own efforts. But I want God to help me I need to know what God wants to help me and that he sees my miserable state and that he cares about my problems. I need to know this! If I simply put all efforts into it and go from doctor to doctor and then one day I find someone who can help me then I will think that God didn't do anything for me and it was all through my own effort. I don't understand this. Why is God silent? What would you do if you are suffering from something and you feel totally hopeless and pray and nothing happens? Would you still be happy and rejoice? Could you do this? I can't because I don't know if God even knows my problems are cares about them. If he cares then why doesn't he help me somehow? I don't understand this. :(
    Maybe more experienced or mature christians could simply separate these things and still rejoice but I cannot do this. I cannot rejoice. This problem drags me down and it's not only the problem itself which is already bad enough what also drags me down is this feeling of being left alone by God. This is also very depressing. I just don't understand why he doesn't do something. This makes prayer look so uneffective. I mean when you beg God for help and nothing happens then what else can you do? I cannot beg more than I have.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not alone. People down through the ages have felt much the same way you have. Paul put it this way
    1 Corinthians 12:7-10 - Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself. 8 Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. 10 So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I know this might not sound like a great answer, but God does know what you are going through and wants you to trust His love and plan for you.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Are you telling me that this problem which make me become so afflicted is from God and God likes to see me suffer to "keep me humble"? This sounds perverse and it doesn't help me at all. Why should God want to see me suffer like this? :tear:
    Does God hate me? Is God angry when I am happy? Does God want me to be depressed day in day out? I'm so fatigued. This stuff is so unhealthy. I wish I could wake up in the morning and be happy. I haven't felt this way for years.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

First, take care of your medical problems so that you can think straight. Then you will be ABLE to see things more clearly. God has always worked through His people not just through miracles. This includes doctors. God hears your prayers. See your doctor. Please. :godisgood:

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The best advice ever.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have been to various doctors. They couldn't help me. But this is too complicated. I also didn't even find the right words, it's always the same.
    Today I went to another doctor and I hoped so much that he could/would help me. Already yesterday I was so upset and anxious because of it. I was scared of messing it up, scared of not finding the right words. My stomach ached today because I was so upset. I felt so miserable. It is always the same. When I get to the doctor and sit there in the waiting room then I feel so miserable and all my courage leaves me and I think I will mess it up again and not find the right words and not be able to make him understand how much I suffer from this and what happened?
    Exactly this. I was not able to really get it across to him how much I suffer from this problem and besides this he also didnt have the knowledge to help me, he says he doesnt know enough about it.
    I feel so miserable and empty inside now. I had hoped so much that he would give me and advice I begged God to help me, I begged God to make him help me but he couldn't help me. I don't know what to do anymore. I had hoped so much that I would at least get some hope, that he would at least be able to give me an advice or tell me who to go to with my problem. And now I am as hopeless as before and everything goes on the way it did before. I am so tired of this. You cannot understand how tired I am and how demoralized I am. Imagine you have a medical problem and you go from doctor to doctor and every time you hope he can help you and even days before you are upset and anxious and think about what you will say and the day before you feel totally weak and miserable and cannot sleep and you're totally fatigued and burnt out because of all the fear and the excitement and then you finally get there and then you feel so miserable and discouraged and when the doctor finally talks to you you have already lost your hope that he can help you and then you open your mouth and you realize that once again you dont even find the right words and even though you are totally depressed and actually feel like falling on your knees and begging for help you sit there and cannot express it to him and then the doctor tells you a few phrases and that's it.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

XD, you sound very depressed. Do not let this continue! Please see your doctor and and explain all your symptoms. There is no shame in taking medication for depression. You would take meds for an ear infection, right? No difference. You are not able to think clearly in a state of depression. If it's been going on for years then you need to seek help. It's not just a period of the "blues". God does NOT want you to suffer and neither do I. Sometimes depression is a PHYSICAL problem that needs to be treated. I pray you see your doctor soon. Please? I will pray for you. God Bless.
    Amy

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I know that I'm depressed but this is not the problem. I'm depressed because of the problem.
    I also have antidepressants from another doctor but I'm also scared of taking them, maybe they would make my situation even worse. It's not impossible and then I have even more problems.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sorry X, I didn't realize you had already posted that you had seen a dr. Where is your family in all of this? Did anyone go with you to the doctor today?

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If your dr. gave you medication then you need to take it. It will help you think more clearly. Don't be scared of it. It will help you. How can it make it worse? Your mind is racing and your thoughts are clouded. Take your med.

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

No, my family doesn't know about all these things they also couldn't help me.

My thoughts aren't really clouded right now. I can think clear enough to see how hopeless everything seems. Imagine you have a problem and you have been to many doctors and none of them made any effort to help you then would this not make you feel totally hopeless? Sure, you can always psyche yourself up and motivate yourself because the hope dies at last but when I look at it realistically then it's very depressing and hopeless and I am also so tired of going to doctors and hoping and being disappointed. It's a torture. Already days before I feel sick to the stomach because I'm so upset. I'm so tired of this. :tear:
    This is so etiolating.

#11 xdisciplex, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2006
  12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi xdisciplex;
    God's grace is sufficient. We suffer in life even though we are saved. We suffer because, He suffered. We sometimes are tempted to think we shouldn't have to suffer. You're not alone in suffering. I believe we all have a thorn in our sides like Paul. Take that suffering and use it to your benefit. Realize that we are all helpless and we are welcomed to lean on Him for strength. Our weakness is better than our strength ever was, because it is in our weakness that we have His strength.
    MB

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

When you say "I can think clear enough to see how hopelesss everything seems" your are showing a definite symptom of depression. You must address the depression problem first before you can address the other problem. You must have a clearer mind to face these other things. One thing at a time. Maybe your depression is causing you to think that the other problem is worse than it really is. I can't imagine what kind of problem this is that a doctor is unwilling to help you with. Maybe you should talk to your parents. How do you know they can't help you?

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What Amy says is correct. You must take the medicine the doctor gave you. If it doesn't seem to help (I doubt very seriously it would make it worse), then return to that doctor and adjust the medicine/dosage.

15. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Does anyone know his real name and location in Germany?:praying:

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't. He needs help though.

17. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I am so sorry you are hurting

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh boy,
    do you really think this helps me? I really cannot hear this kind of advice anymore which basically says this: Hey! Suffering is great, God wants you to suffer because then you are totally miserable and come to him on your knees. Yay!

Oh boy....
    I dont even know what to think anymore! I dont even know what God thinks. This messes me up completely. Why should God want me to suffer? This is such a sick picture of God as if God wants life to be so hard because this keeps me submissive. This makes me think of God as a dictator who sits on his throne and wants us to crawl to him like worms. This is a sick picture.

19. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Still searching huh? He's there, right beside you, wanting you to give Him everything, including your infirmity. In exchange, you'll get His peace, and will grow in all the fruits of the spirit listed in Gal: 2. There are no guarantees as to health wealth and your allotted walk. But knowing this: "I will never leave you nor forsake you" should be enough for the Spirit filled Christian, though there is MUCH more.

All your postings lately indicate a great misunderstanding as to things of the Lord, and until you get into a living relationship with Him, you'll probably continue in your situation.

20. bound

bound New Member

Hi there xdisciplex,

What's unfortunate you and I is that all we have are these little letters to express ourselves to one another.

We can't simply sit with you, or hold you hand, put our fingers through your hair. The kind of tactile things which expresses more than words are able.

Words of encouragement to persevere in our suffering pales in the face of true misery. I know, I've been miserable before.

I don't suggest you do more thinking. I suggest you look into the eyes of someone who cares deeply for you and just breath. In the troughs of misery and true suffering there isn't a whole lot we can do but be there for one another and breath.

If there is any insights gained from suffering it is not something to be sought while in the troughs of suffering. I would leave such reflection for another time. For now I would just get by.

I wish I had some really insightful advice for you but I can remember when I was miserable and such advice rings so hollow as to be absurd. So let's just breath. Sometimes that all we can do to get by until something changes. I am ultimately powerless to do more for you with words.

You will be in my prayers and I believe that you are here for a reason and in that I have hope that reason will be revealed. May God Bless you and lift your spirits in this time of misery. Amen.

#20 bound, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2006