1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you do if you simply cannot trust that God is always acting right?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jul 3, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I notice that whenever I read prayer requests or stories of christians which suffer I don't understand why God doesn't seem to be doing anything and then I ask myself wether God really treats all people the same and wether he never makes mistakes. For example once I heard a story from a pastor who said he was at a christian meeting or conference or something like that and there was a hurting women and a few christians stood around her and tried to cast out demons and all were praying over her but the man said what they were doing was wrong, she needed love and they were only trying to cast out demons out of her. He even tried to tell those christians they were doing the wrong thing but they didn't listen and then the woman killed herself! The next day one of them came to him and admitted that obviously they had not done the right thing.
    Great! This woman is dead because these christians were not able to help her. Can you understand this? I mean when christians mess up then this is already sad but why didn't God intervene? If suicide really leads to hell then this woman is in hell now because the christians messed it up! Isn't this shocking? When I hear such things then I really get doubts about wether God doesn't make mistakes, but God doesn't make mistakes, the bible says so and this means that even if you feel like God made a mistake you somehow have to force yourself to agree that he did not make a mistake, but what if it doesn't work? What if you simply cannot convince yourself of it? What if you suffer and blame God for it? Sometimes I am really angry at God cause I don't understand him and I wish I could simply get answers from him but not even getting answers makes me even more angry, he's up there and unreachable and you're simply so totally helpless but then at the same time I don't even dare to admit these thoughts of anger or letting them out because I'm also scared of God and then I try to somehow convince myself that my anger is baseless and that it's all my fault and so on but this simply doesn't work. I mean how pathetic is this? I cannot even get angry but have to control myself because if I got angry I woudl be scared of God getting angry at me. This is really a pathetic existence, isn't it?

Some christians don't seem to mind anything, no matter what happens they simply say they totally trust God but what if you simply can't do this, what if you simply have too many things you don't understand and then there are also these thoughts like "what if God doesn't love everybody?" or "what if God doesn't treat everybody the same" or "how can God allow something like this" or "what if the bible is simply lying" and then it's totally hard to deal with this because on the one hand you're having all these unanswered questions and on the other hand you feel guilty because you doubt God and as addition to this you're also scared because you're questioning God. This means there are 3 problems at once. 1) questions 2) doubts 3) fear = agony.

#1 xdisciplex, Jul 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2006
  2. bmerr

bmerr New Member

x,

bmerr here. God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34). God allows humans to exercise free will. He does not force anyone to obey Him. When people make bad choices, there are consequences. If God directly intervened in one persons' situation to prevent them from doing something stupid, or mean, or whatever, He would be bound to prevent everyone from doing something stupid, mean, or whatever, because God is no respecter of persons.

The "Christians" you mentioned were not Christians, but lost religious people who have been deceived into believing they are Christians.

God is big enough to handle you getting angry with Him. You are not a threat to Him. Your anger is based on ignorance. Study your Bible.

In Christ,

bmerr

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

x

You NEED (read that MUST) get involved with a Bible believing CHURCH as soon as possible (ASAP).

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

x

You use disciple as your handle - but, you need a church that disciples her members, badly. Doubt is human, natural, and not evil in its self. But, you are dangerously close to expressing anger at the Lord that could lead to His disciplining you. IMHO.

I will be praying for you.

5. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

I cannot help but agree with you that such an existence is pathetic -- but it is not natural for a Christian. I've come to the conclusion that the best help for you is for us to pray that you will come to understand faith. It truly is the subtance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.

Please do not expect God to step in and make this world perfect again -- until He's ready to take His church to be with Him. The real question remains -- what is your personal relationship with God, who loves us enough to offer His grace in return for our faith.

#5 Not_hard_to_find, Jul 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2006
  6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

In the time it takes you to post all of your questions you could be deeply immersed in Bible study. You have a phenomenal command of the English language. If you'll surrender, instead of questioning God, he can use you in mighty ways. It won't be easy. I agree with the others. You MUST be discipled. Turn off the doubt, fear, fury, anger. Get with a brother in Christ who DOES NOT speak in tongues or issue prophetic utterances. Contact our mutual friend there. Do it!

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh man, what an advice.... Turn off the doubt,fear,fury and anger.
    Do you think it's that easy? You make it look like I'm keen on these things but I'm not.
    All your replies don't really help me. Telling me how bad it is to doubt God and to get angry at him doesn't help me at all. I thought I had made it clear that I do not want to question God and to get angry at him but sometimes I do and I am unable to do anything against it.

How do you wanna know this? Even if you're right this woman is dead and she was seeking help. If suicide really leads to hell then she's in hell now. Why didn't God help her? I don't understand this. I have heard so many testimonies of people which God helped before they wanted to kill themselves, but why doesn't he do it with all? This is what I don't understand. Why does he help some and others not?

And what about this whole disciple stuff? Do you think that all I have to do is join a church where I go to every Sunday and then everything is fine? lol.
    Do you think that if I join a church somebody will come running to me begging me to allow him to "disciple" me? I don't even know what you mean with disciple. Do you think that this person will teach me everything for hours every day or what? This is pretty unrealistic. Those christians which really have a clue are busy with their own stuff and are not interested in spending time with a snoopy guy who wants to know everything. All these ideas are so unrealistic. And even if I had something like a mentor it could also be totally hazardous because what if this person teaches me wrong stuff? Then I get a totally messed up theology. And don't think that I would notice bad teaching. You can explain nearly every kind of doctrine if you've thought through it enough. You can make almost everything appear plausible even the most absurd things.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

In your other thread, I asked what major cities are near you.

First, you are correct. Most people do not want to disciple someone that is snoopy, know it all, but doesn't have a clue where to turn.

You have been around emotional drain-plug Christians. They are constantly sucking everyone around them down with their 'holiness'. You need a Bible based church. Again, I am biased for the Baptists - but there are others.

Second, when finding a mentor, on such short notice, you must trust God and His provision. But, I would only look at Bible believing and Bible Teaching Churches and their leaders.

Third, I continue to write about 'Bible' this and that. 'Sola Scritura' is good as far as it goes, but the importance of Scripture is in finding those that ACTUALLY practice what they teach. If they do not PRACTICE the Bible and live it daily, you will need to find somewhere else to fellowship.

Fourth, you mentioned this woman committing suicide. This seems to have affected you, negatively. I would recommend that you find someone that you can truly trust and talk out these feelings. Negative feelings are ok - but left unchecked they can become destructive.

Still praying for you.

Wayne

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

PS

I have personally spent more than half an hour on you. You write as if I (we) believe that you are a waste of oxygen. If you were a waste - I wouldn't be wasting my time, maybe others would - but, I would not.

God bless & still praying that you find a Bible believing fellowship of believers.

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have nobody to talk to about this. I didn't even know here, I only heard her story. I simply find this thought so rank that this woman was hurting and seeking help from christians and because they messed it up she's dead now. And I also don't understand why God seems to be acting different with different people. I have heard testimonies of christians which God rescued before committing suicide but so many people commit suicide and God doesn't rescue them, why? Why does he only do it for some? Are those the chosen ones and the others would have gone to hell anyway? I just don't understand this and then the doors are open for such thoughts which question God. :(

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

NO, she is dead because SHE COMMITTED SUICIDE. Are Christians responsible for not helping her - yes, they will answer to GOD.

Why has God taken care of me when I deserve the hottest hell fire? I do not know, but He has called me. I have answered His call. And now I live a life that has been transformed by the Holy Spirit, so that I will live a life more like Jesus.

It DOES NOT make sense. But, I follow Jesus that rose from the dead 2,000 years ago. Why did God let Jesus hang on the Cross? Why did God let the Roman soldiers mock Him? Why did God NOT ORDER THE BODY GUARD to DESTROY the Earth rather than to let the Roman soldier pierce Jesus with a spear? I DO NOT KNOW. But, I know Jesus. And I know that when God let's the Body Guard loose - satan's army(ies) will be destroyed.

Will it make sense then? You and I will not care then. We will fall down and worship the Lamb that was slain. Slain for our iniquity. Not for His iniquity, less any man should boast- He was slain for our iniquity that we WILL boast in Him.

You can worship now. You can boast in Jesus now. But, you and I will worship. You and I will boast in Jesus. I choose to do so now.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

PS

What big city did you say you live near? ;)

13. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

You should read Philip Yancey's books. He addresses doubts, pain, etc. without getting into the pat answers many others give, and really helped me out in the beginning.