1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you normally do when a Jehovah Witness knocks on your door?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

So you disobey the clear teaching of God's Word too?

What is it with today's preachers of the Gospel?

Is there no obedience to God's Word anymore?

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is great to see the clear teaching of God's Word as though we were looking through clear water rather than looking through mud. I sure wouldn't want to interpret scripture in light of the personal filter of a double-minded hermeneutic being led by ignorance against any historical interpretation that has been around for thousands of year.

Even after the thread on Proverbs have still not learned to interpret God's by taking it from its historical context and giving an interpretation that was like a chameleon? So much for adhering to Darbyism and following McIntosh’s teachings.

At least there are some who are willing to interpret scripture in light of its historical context and then apply it rather than be disobedient and claim to have interpretations of scripture that historically never existed except in Darbyism.

Jesus is my Lord and not your judgment. I am glad to be called a preacher of the gospel, but would much rather be called one who makes disciples as Jesus taught in Mt. 28:19, 20. I just need to remember that the proof is always in the fruit not in a double minded hermeneutic.

Better to share Christ with boldness in hopes that they will see the light of Christ, than wilt like a pretty flower while helping them go to hell without any interruption on the way. What you suggest is much like sending them down a mountain of ice on a sled with hell at the bottom waiting.

Am I assume by your sarcasm that you one of the preachers of today who is helping churches to not share their faith in boldness and make disciples, while being like Mr. Milquetoast who prefers to give out his sweet candy coated chocolates in hopes that they will like his candy and be loved by everyone who comes to the church? Doesn't it feel so good to get people to go to church who will fall in love with the music and love how you make them feel so good?

Don't ever confront someone about their darkness because you just might offend them and they might become a follower of Christ.

#42 gb93433, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  3. standingfirminChrist

You seem to be dancing around when you should be walking.

Stop and study instead of reading.

Scripture clearly says Don't invite them into your house... not Church.

You do know the difference, don't you?

The word for house "oikia" in 2 John verse 10 is the same word for house in Matthew 2:11

This is not the same as the Church "ekklesia."

Scripture does not say "Invite them into your house but don't let them teach."

It says "Do not invite them into your house."

It can't be any clearer than that.

The house Church has an entirely different Greek word. "oikos"

Still pouting over the Proverbs, huh? Your problem is not with me, but with God's Word.

#43 standingfirminChrist, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I took your position why would you give them a greeting by speaking with them at your door?

5. standingfirminChrist

How do you answer your door?

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you not give a simple answer to the question I asked? Is your doubleminded way of interpretation getting in the way again?

#46 gb93433, Mar 29, 2008
  7. standingfirminChrist

No doublemindedness on my part. I know what the command "receive them not into your house" means.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't answer my door.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Am I to assume by your avoidance that you do give them a greeting and unwilling to tell the truth? Have you refused to apply that part in such a way that it is consistent with your way of interpreting scripture?

10. standingfirminChrist

I do not invite them in my home. I do not bid them God speed.

How hard is that for you to understand, gb?

You accuse me of doublemindedness when earlier, you admitted to bringing them into your home for 2 hours while you and your daughter witnessed to them.

Then you say you don't answer the door.

Sounds like your accusation of doublemindedness is coming back to haunt you.

11. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone who uses the word 'clear' when applied to Scripture is either deluded or deluding, possibly both. When are you going to learn that the statement 'Scripture says...' is the start of a discussion to the end?

12. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I think the letter is written to a church and with it the application being that false teachers should not be given a place to teach. When I talk with JH's I am doing it with the intent to teach them and in no way give them God' blessing. You may disagree with that, but to accuse those that take that postion as not being obedient to God's word is unfounded.

I am willing to stand before God regarding this issue and my practice of preaching the gospel to a person who is a deceived. I have found that most of the JH's that come to my door are not fully sold on their doctrine anyway.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you know what "do not give him a greeting" means?

You seem to think you know what the first part of the verse means but seem to have danced around the issue of the second part. You have conveniently ignored it. That verse is not one half only and the other part does not exist.

If you do believe God's word and have a theology you can apply on this earth then you should be able to easily address the question I asked.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I answered your question in much the same way you interpreted scripture in the Proverbs thread and the verse we are talking about. Literally I do not ever answer my door. If I talked to my door, people would think I am crazy.

15. TLB

TLB New Member

well...when i was living in SC (pre-christian days) i would let my little dog hanna out the door and yell..."don't pick up the puppy" somebody would pick her up after being told not to....and they would get wet ;o)

now...i ask them questions:thumbs:

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is quite a greeting.

17. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Well, I have a question. So if we are not supposed to bring in false teachers or prophets. Does that mean that anyone who is not a Christian should come into our home? I mean, if a person is of the world they are teaching the world to many through influence.

Also, I honestly do not care if you let them in your home or not. What I do care about if all of us sharing the gospel to them. Dont be hard headed and not preach to them. They are people who God also wants to save if we start using different scriptures just to defend our point.. we can fool our selfs all we can but in Galatians it talks about how GOD cannot be mocked.

Preach the word, if you have a problem with having them in your home then preach to them in your porch. Get a glass of orange juice some cookies and have your wife cook them a dinner and eat it outside. Bottom Line there is no excuse, we can move around, shift it, flip it.. but no excuses. We must all preach the gospel to anyone.. with no exception. See, because we may look at them like... OHH>> the worst scum of the earth, false teachers and all that. However we were there at one point in time. We are all sinners who are saved by grace then why act like that. I mean, even as Christians sometimes we take false teachings into our home. We yell at ours wifes, threat our kids wrong, sin at our own home with sinful material and at times have acted like dictators in our home like a Fidel Castro. However God has mercy on you and he changed you and I and he lifted us up from the scum of the earth and called us his Son. Why would I not want someone else to experience that. Like I said if you dont want them in your home. Then have a BBQ in your front yard... see no excuses.. not one before the lord. Not even one!!!

We must act in love, we are ambasadors in Christ. Ambasadors are here to represent God. Ambasadors receive visitors from other countries into their countries and they discuss issues and resolve them. We must act in love, even Jesus had dinner with sinners. I know I am probably going to be bombarded with this but I just thought I would say this.

If we, just for being hard headed refuse to preach to someone the word. Then we will answer to Christ. We are not saved by works by the way.

#57 TaliOrlando, Mar 29, 2008
  18. standingfirminChrist

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So...we are not to allow family members into our home if they are not believers either?

Yet Jesus had no problem going into THEIR homes :rolleyes:

20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbs: :applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.