1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Do You Sing in Your Church

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Nat'l Baptist Guy, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Dr. Bob,

I hear you and agree. But, clumping all those who like ccm into a group or crowd and saying they are only concerned about having their music, their way is a little off. It's like saying my nieghbor is white and a racist, therefore all whites are racist.Not all who enjoy ccm have to have it in their worship service.

I have read a many post where people are saying they enjoy the blended style of music in worship. There are others who say they like ccm and would like to have it used in their worship. However, their church does not use ccm music in their worship service. They listen to their ccm at home or in the car. They are using other avenues to get their dose of ccm. These people blow the theory that all people in the ccm crowd are only concerned about getting their way.

I like some praise music. I don't force it down the throat of my church. I listen to my music in my own time. You had to tell me what ccm was all about. I still don't know what crowd I belong to. I think I'm old school.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That "the opposite cannot be said" is baloney, and you are a good example of it yourself. Most of those I know who prefer CCM do not want to throw out the hymnbooks and reject all the old songs that we can sing without giving thought. But many of those who prefer the old hymns, like yourself, do want to completely reject CCM/praise songs, and thus you and they are the "my way or the highway" sort.