1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about holy laughter?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jan 5, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

The bible also doesn't mention cars and planes.
    John also says that Jesus did many more things which were not written down.
    What are you gonna do? Compare everything and as soon as something is not in the bible it has to be from Satan? This won't work.

Like I said if the story of Jesus and the blind man was in the bible I bet that everybody here would freak out if somebody said that there was a christian who healed a blind man with a mixture of mudd and spittle. I just know it. They would all be freaking out and screaming that this is obscene or whatever and that God would never do this. :rolleyes:

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

If you accept experience, then whose experience has the same authority as scripture? Where do you draw the line? If you accept expereince on the authority level as scripture then anything anyone says is of God has to be accepted as being from God. All the cults are right then, islam is right.
    Nope, sorry, won't work, it is from God if it is biblical. For you anything might hold authority, for me, only God and His true written word.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

So it looks to me like you are just plain out right refusing to go to church.
    You mentioned in another post that cars and the like weren't in the bible, yet going to church, worshiping publically with other beleivers, and studying and learning God's word is scriptural. And look what your doing with that. Nothing.

#23 donnA, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

The bible and the bible only are our authority.
    If anything else has authority then you never know when someone is teaching somethng wrong, becasue there is nothing wrong, anything anyone says becomes truth. Yet in scripture the Bereans were commended for not taking their (Paul's) word for it and searching scripture daily to see is what they were taugth was scriptural. God expects us to use discernement and wisdom, we fail when we accept anything.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Leenies, have you ever experienced "barking in the Spirit?" I've seen the laughing on TV, but not the barking.

Also, I was wondering how either one of them glorifies God, and how either one is warranted by Scripture. Can you help?

6. standingfirminChrist

What if? What if? What if?

What if you stopped asking hypothetical questions and read more of God's Word and relied on His Spirit to teach you?

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But how do I know that what I think is from His spirit really is from Him?

8. standingfirminChrist

xdx,

If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, then it is not from Him.

9. leenies

leenies New Member

I am sure if you looked hard enough, you could find barking, sneezing, coughing and anything else you wanted to on TV. :laugh:

I was sharing something that happened to me. If someone chooses not to believe it, that is up to them. I had not heard of Holy Laughter either, so I know I did not fake this, and it was not something from a cult. I am a Born Again Christian, Jesus gave us a Comforter in the Holy Spirit (one of His many '"jobs"). I was comforted by the Holy Spirit. Again, I give all glory to God for my "experience".

Psalm 86:17 - Isaiah 12:1, 66:13 - 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 :smilewinkgrin:

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

you accept other authority over scripture then?

11. leenies

leenies New Member

Hello DonnA,

NO, I believe the Bible is is the Word of and from God. I also believe He can comfort one of his children if He so desires. I am sure other Christians have had similar blessings, not necessarily Holy Laughter. That afternoon I received joy, peace, love and gentlenes all in one moment. I can only describe it as incredible! My situation did not change, but I was able to handle it with Jesus by my side. I really could "endure all things through Christ " who strenthened my that day.

I am not trying to teach anyone anything, or change their faith. I was only answering a question asked.

:flower: leenies