1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about the quran?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 8, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Bob,

Like so many other posts - this was a Great Post!

Wayne

2. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I know I am entering late but what I think of the Koran can be summed up into a few words
    It is a work of the Devil for the purpose of decieving people.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Here's one thing that is good about the Qu'ran...there aren't 100+ English versions of it.

4. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just goes along with the end-times interpreters who predict some union between Islam and Catholicism, which I always found far fetched, since the two have always been so antogonistic to each other; but who knows.

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Qur'an was supposed to be dictated by an angel (claiming to be Gabriel), and there is no reason to dispute that. Isaiah tells us not to listen to every spirit, but "to the Law and the Testimony; if they go not according to this Word, there is not light in them", and John reiterated "try the spirits, because not every spirit is from God". Muhammad couldn't read, and this is supposed to be a proof of the Qu'ran's divine inspiration, but what it actually proves is that Muhammad could not obey those scriptures telling us to try the spirit by the Word. He took the angel's word for it, and thought that what this spirit was telling him lined up with the Bible. When later Muslims found that it didn't, they had to come up with the idea that the Bible had been tampered with somewhere along the line. (and making it worse is that both Jews and Christians of that time and place were corrupt in doctrine and practice, so a lot of Muhammad's criticisms stuck). But the man could not test that angel, so he was vulnerable, and deceived.

#25 Eric B, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I find in the introduction of my Quran, written of course by a Muslim scholar, some of the history of Mohammed, and how the Quran came to be. Mohammed was prone to have visions. He was in a wooded area, alone, when he had such a vision. Previously he attributed all such visions to demons. But his wife, Khadijah, a Jew, convinced him that these visions were not of demonic origin but from God. Thus in this vision he was convinced that he saw Gabriel--the leading angel of God, who told him to write these words. Now Mohammed was an illiterate man. He was subject to trances.
    His followers knew that he was subject to trances and wrote down what he said when he was in such trances. Thus the Quran was actually written down by his disciples, and then committed to memory by many of them. After a battle many manuscripts of the Quran had been lost. (This took place after Mohammed's death). And Caliph Omar realized that one Quran had to be made authentic. He therefore gathered all the manuscripts of the Quran together, and with those who had portions of the Quran memorized, put together the Quran such as we have today. He then burned all other manuscripts. Thus the Quran that exists today is not even the original Quran. They don't have the original manuscripts even as we don't.
    The fact that he admitted that he thought that they were from demons, and that his followers got the information from times when he was in a trance points to the fact that the Quran was indeed inspired by Satan and not of God.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Everytime I see this story I picture Mohammud having a book for sale regarding his Visions when his wife says, "they'll sell better if you say they're from god!" So he puts a couple of rocks in his crack pipe and have some guys write down everything he says.

His disciple "two, did you say two honorable messanger Mohammud"

Mohammud while in trance; Did I say two, you better put three just in case"