1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think of MLS soccer?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Feb 10, 2014.

?

I watch MLS soccer ...

Poll closed Feb 10, 2015.
  1. Never

50.0%
  2. Occasionally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Often

50.0%
  4. I’ve got a favorite team (tell us about them in post)

50.0%
  5. I don’t like MLS soccer but watch European leagues on cable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don’t get excited about soccer until the World Cup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don’t care for soccer at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

I learned to play soccer in Germany, and fell in love with the game. I played competitively through my early 40s (that's where my bad knees came from) refereed at the high school and collegiate level, and coached as a volunteer high school coach. My son played on two state championship teams and one NCAA Division I champion. My daughter played premier league and in high school, had a college scholarship but wanted to concentrate on studies (she's now in med school).

My wife and I, and at least five of our seven adult kids, like to watch Sporting Kansas City, who, not incidentally, are the reigning league champions following a shoot-out win over Real Salt Lake in the championship game last November. We've got a lot of world class players in the league, and in Kansas City in particular, but I don't think the league comes close to world class competitively yet. That's probably five years, at least, down the road.

So, what you do think of the league? Do you watch it regularly? Occasionally? Never? Can't stand it? With World Cup coming in June in Brazil, I thought I'd get a sampling of opinions on the game worldwide and the MLS in particular.

#1 thisnumbersdisconnected, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014