1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What do you think -

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Just As I Told Bro. Icon....

Just as I told Bro.Icon above...I'll say the same to you Luke. ( and I intend no malice or disrespect) As much as I agree with your previous post on what "church" is about, I totally disagree with this one that I am quoting. We were created a little lower than the angels and we know things that THEY desire to look into(1 Peter 1:12)....namely redemption in Christ...which was never something that was made available to them. Hebrews 2:5-9. Christ experienced (tasted) death for MAN...not the angels. The other thing is that the angels that followed Lucifer in his rebellion did so by CHOICE.....not by some "election" or predestined purpose of God. I am secure in my Biblical convictions on such matters and they are not "preferences" as you suggest. My convictions are not BASED on any emotional motivation but rather on the Word of God. You and I, just like Icon and I, will just have to search for other common ground and leave this kind of stuff alone. For the record....I do believe in and trust the (actual) God of Scripture. :wavey:
    By the way...there MAY BE SOME things about what happened in eternity past when Lucifer rebelled (along with that 1/3 of the angels) that we may not EVER know...even after we get to heaven and into the presence of our Father in our glorified bodies and our perfect and purified minds and spirits (Hallelujah!!). God MAY just choose to keep that part of the past completely between Himself, His Son and His Holy Spirit. We may be let in on it and we may not...I can live with that either way it goes! I also believe that there are some things that NO System of Theology that any man can devise, be it Calvin, Arminius or anybody else, that can explain or define some of this stuff. We "see through a glass darkly"(1 Cor.13:12) now. Things will improve for us ONLY when we are ushered into His glorious presence!

Bro.Greg:saint:

#21 Gregory Perry Sr., Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gregory Perry Sr.

Hello Gp....
    I was looking for your response to my questions to you;

Predestination speaks of God conforming a multitude of sinners into the Image of his Son.

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Any and all in hell will be there quite justly for their sins.It seems as if someone has given you some ideas that are not true to scripture.

In your theology GP...as Jesus was hanging on the cross....at that very moment,there were people living in South America, China, Russia,etc...who had never heard of Jesus or the gospel.

1]What choice do you believe they had?

2]How do you explain that,[the question of the heathen] to someone you are speaking with about the need of the new birth?

3]How exactly does our Holy God punish all sin worldwide in those sinners who live and die without hearing about Jesus?

This does not have to turn into a debate at all, but these question need a biblical answer!
    Also...scripture speaks of elect angels;
    1 Timothy 5:21
    I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

GP....explain how you answer these questions ?

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

I Will Respond...

Icon...I will respond to your questions....but it may take me a day or two so be patient. It is getting late tonight and I just don't wish to pursue this tonight. I will give you a reasoned response soon. I'm even gonna cut,paste and print your post so I can research it off-line and not lose track of it.. That said....I still don't think you are right in your conclusions about what these scriptures teach "in context" and in light of the rest of scripture "rightly divided". I am an honest man and I would admit error if I find I am in it. I want to be right with God. That is all that really matters. Some people's pride won't allow them the liberating luxury of actually losing an argument. God forbid that that would EVER be true of me (or you), I pray. :praying:

Bro.Greg :saint:

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    okay...sounds good brother...enjoy the Lord's Day:thumbsup: