1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you use to make webpages?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by BrianT, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

I figured there would have been a few updates by now. I got mine off a computer magazine cover CD, am happy with it so don't need to experiment with upgrading. I guess one day my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll go hunting for the new version [​IMG]

I give him points for the "Care ware" idea, would like to see a few more Christians pick the idea up.

Pete

2. Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer Member

I have created the English/German Solid Rock of Faith Site by using the

- HomeSite 1.2 HTML editor (free download)
    - XnView Photo editor (free download)
    - LeechFTP upload program (free download)
    - RealProducer Basic (to create online sermons in RealAudio) (free download)

The only thing that costs me money is the webhosting through arkwebs.com, but you can get 200MB of space very cheaply and they have a good control panel to keep your site in check. You can buy cheap .com domain names for $8.95 at godaddy.com

Many times you are tempted to spend a lot of money for "tools" to create a website. Usually these 'tools' come at high prices. I have tried to save all that cost, so I can use it for giving out tracts and Bible teaching tapes for free.

I have also registered my website in numerous search engines. I just used free services or registered my site by hand. I have not paid a cent for those submission services. Some of them want quite a lot of money, too. But you don't need to spend that either.

I also use a lot of cgi- and java- scripts for the Christian Courier Newsletter, the guestbook, 'recommend this site'-function, 'print this page, or 'make this your startpage' and other things. Those scripts are free, too, at www.bignosebird.com

So it is possible to build a good Christian website with little resources. You don't have to spend a lot of money or have a degree in computer technology.

All you need is a vision for what you are going to publish and to present. If you program your website in HTML you can look at the source code of ther websites to learn from them. Just right click on the website and go to 'View Source'. By looking at the code you can learn quite a lot and then apply it on your own website.