1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What does Christmas mean to you?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not on the same level as Paul Washer. He is a great preacher and evangelist and a great role model. Paul said follow me as I follow Christ and so I follow Paul Washer as an example of someone whom can teach me.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you did not answer my question. What does Paul Washer know about methodologies of churches? Who specifically are these churches he is talking about? And what is it that makes him a great role model? Does bashing everyone else do that for you? Is that what makes a great role model?

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Excellent. He has much experience and is a great example and passionate preacher. And of course he's attacked and I see we have one here attempting to undermine the man, more 'ad hominem' nonsense. If one really wanted to know what he knows about churches, methodologies &c he'd go find out for himself. Instead of this he's hoping for you to give him more fodder so he can continue to sow discord, tear down, belittle, undermine and cause division.

4. preacher4truth

It's not just the doctrine they despise, it's the men as well. There is your answer. :thumbs:

5. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause::applause::applause:
    Thank you sir. One of the best posts I have read in a long time here.
    Merry Christmas

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen bother, amen.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last sunday while I was open air preaching I had to tell a man several times to stop cussing and he finally left and went away. I could not reason nor chat with the man nor anyone of such a harsh attitude towards me and what I preach. The same is true for some on this board and I cannot dialogue or chat with them for that is impossible.

8. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did you send him away? How was he to hear the Gospel if you made him leave?

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I spoke with sincere listeners whom had honest questions and whom wanted to hear the message.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    December 25 means no more than the 26th.

However, the celebration of Christmas is a testimony to the world that the Lord has come, and the fact that the world celebrates that day, and reveres a Christian martyr (Nicholas of Myra), and focuses on alms, fellowship, mercy and forgiveness, is a testimony that the world has gotten the message, and it will stand as a witness against them on the day of judgment.

Just as when Christ returns, He won't be a babe in a manger, when the saints are judging the world and angels, ol' St. Nick ain't gonna be the jolly old elf of Christmas lore.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    whom is objective, who is nominative. Use who when it is performing the action, use whom when it is receiving.

I spoke with sincere listeners who had honest questions and who wanted to hear the message.

Who has questions?
    He gave the answer to whom?
    Who didn't replace the toliet paper roll?
    Sarcasm is wasted on whom?

etc.

12. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But doesn't that fellow need a Savior too? I did know we could be selective about our audience like that. How do you determine that somebody is sincere? How do you know if their questions are honest or otherwise? How do you know if they want to hear the message or not?

What role does the Holy Spirit play in all of this?

13. preacher4truth

Good advice.

14. preacher4truth

Good for you, and this is Scriptural as some will only oppose and some will not hear. All you can do is expect that those who are hearing want to listen. I see this in the same light as Paul, who went through Antioch, Iconium, Lystra, after being persecuted, stoned &c, but he went back to strengthen disciples, not to re hash with those who attacked him. I'm certain you've developed some discernment on who it is who gives an ear, and I also note you preach to all present. How others react to truth is not for us to worry.

Keep up the good work and don't allow the bobbsey twins who follow you from thread to thread, mocking, calling into question, accusing you of being on a high horse &c. These are simply sowing discord and causing strife.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks brother.

16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Padre, not sure if the other "bobsy twin" is you or not. But I will gladly be considered paired with you from the one who bloviates so profusely.

17. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be so quick running to defending him p4t. If he was to sit in your church he would soon find reason to find you at fault. The OP has accused preachers from coast to coast (with the exception of himself) of being faithless in their preaching. He has stated they have mishandled the Word, preached a false Gospel and lacked compassion for the lost. He has questioned any methodology that differs from his as being woefully inadequate. He called out his own pastor for what he has determined to be not preaching the Gospel. He spreads falsehood by hiding behind a handful of pet book writers as if their writing was superior to the faith once for all delivered to the saints. He is under nobody's authority as he finds flaws in every church he attends.

Sowing discord? I like to think of it as harvesting the chaff. As long as he persists in bring unfounded accusations against preachers he does not know and elevates the writings of Comfort above the Word I will be there with the rest of the Bobbsey family.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welsh blood will out.:thumbs:

19. preacher4truth

Yes, OK, and you practice the same as well to those who don't hold your view, and then do the same toward him in particular. I'm defending him against your stalking him from thread to thread, belittling him, calling him hauteur &c. Grow up, it's quite immature.

Yes, you do, and division. Just as you think he is guilty, so are you.

I believe the Scriptural usage of harvesting chaff is to consider another that is being referred to as chaff as being lost, correct?

His accusations are not unfounded, you just simply don't like his doctrine or these facts. Names don't have to be attached to what is well know as going on across our nation and world. Now, as far as that goes there is some broad brushing in there of course, but the state of the 'church' he argues is not far fetched.

He has a valid point and is on the right track. And yes, I get it, you're not anywhere near done sowing discord, belittling, accusing, causing division.

20. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP has stated that "lots" and "many" preachers are teaching an incomplete and false Gospel. You seem to agree with this statement. How many is "lots" and "many"? Can you quantify it? Is it a number such as 3017 churches? Is it more? Is it a percentage such as 62%? Is it more?

I contend that the vast majority of preachers proclaim the full Gospel from Genesis to Revelation and everything in between.

He called out his current pastor. He has declared his parent's pastor to be a hypocrite. What evidence does he have but his own opinion. What did Jesus say?

Matthew 18:16 NAS77
    16 "But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED.

Where are the other witnesses against "lots" and "many"? Where are the other witnesses against his own pastor? Where are the other witnesses against his parent's pastor?

There are none. That is discord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.