1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does Galatians 2:20 mean?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 20, 2007.

1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Amen, Bible-boy. I'd love to see xdx change his name to something similar. There's a champion in there yearning to get out, but he keeps tripping over his own feet. Time for me to turn out the light. 'Nite.

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hi!
    It's not that I would mind earning some money but I don't even know a company which might be interested in my skills and like I already said I'm not the only German out there who speaks English. I'm having a hard time trying to imagine that there is such a lack of English speaking Germans out there and that I'm one of the best. Think about it. If you really could earn a lot of money by translating stuff for companies then wouldn't all german English teachers or professors quit their work and instead work as a translator?

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    xdx, check your pm.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

hi!
    I got your pm and also replied at 5:30.

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Any high-tech company that does business in Germany and an English speaking country or countries will have a need for bi-lingual folks. Check out computer, Information Technology, airlines, stock brokerage houses, investment banking, and futures companies. Go to their website and see if they have employment/career pages. Then look to see if they list the need for bi-lingual translators.

Some bi-lingual teachers and professors may jump ship and go into the job market we are talking about. However, most teachers teach because they either have a passion for teaching students, or in some cases they can't do anything else (they have the head knowledge and can communicate it but they don't have the common sense, or whatever you call it, to apply that knowledge out in the business world).

Anyway, the main point in addressing your question from the OP is for you to figure out something or some things that you really enjoy doing, find a career outlet where your skills and your passions are needed, seek out a job in that area, and then do that job as if you are working directly for the Lord for His honor and glory. Thus, you will find fulfillment in a career and grow in your relationship with Christ as you serve Him as His representative in that career field. Treat it as your own little mission field.

#25 Bible-boy, Feb 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I don't know if I can figure out anything when I don't even know what's out there.
    How can I come up with a vision of the "perfect job" when I have nothing to compare? Even if I could come up with a perfect job then it's more than likely that this job will not exist. I mean I could think about which job I want to do all day but if I don't get it then it doesn't help me. And I don't even know what I would like to do. I simply cannot make a decision. Of course I could come up with stuff like:

-I want an own office
    -I want to earn much
    -I want much free time
    -I want to work alone
    -I want a nice environment

But all these things don't help me. This is not how you find out what you want to do. But I have never known what I want to do. It has always been this way. I also had myself tested for which job I might like but nothing helpful came out. Some people simply always know what they want to do but I don't.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

When I was in grade school and high school, I wanted to be in radio and television broadcasting. By the time I was 26, I had done that and hated it. I like what I do now, but I sure as shootin' didn't plan for it.

I guess I'm saying "relax." You'l find something you love and are good at, and it may not involve an office or good pay, but it will be perfect.

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Maybe I am totally talented for something and don't even know it and then end up doing something which stinks. :(

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Maybe, but unlikely. Even so, being in a job you hate isn't a death sentence. If you find you're doing something you don't like, get another job.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    SaagyWoman:

"... but it isn't a heavy death, it is a giving up of myself so that Christ can be in charge"

GE:

Yes and no, for at first 'giving up of myself' is impossible but for God; and after, even heavier than physically suffering death's assault. In the end - as at first - one can but pray, O for the grace of God!

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Paul, like half of all Christian theologians, failed to understand that law keeping never did produce a righteousness or anything else that effected one's status in the next life. Law keeping generated temporal blessings in this life.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

And allow me to say, do it while you are young, young man. Too late is an accute reality, too late!