1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Does It mean "MANY are called but FEW are chosen?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 11, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Does this relate to the question regarding salvation at all?

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I believe the analogy preceding this verse reveals the answer to that question. The host sent messengers to Israel, and they rejected the invitation, so he sent the messengers to the rest of the world (everyone). Many responded to the invitation, but some didn't come clothed in the righteousness of Christ obtained through faith (wedding clothes).

Thus, the "many called" refers to those who hear the invitation of the gospel appeal. The "few chosen" refers to those dressed in the proper wedding garments, the righteousness of Christ obtained through faith alone.

3. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like your reply and that is my stance also after all these years of Spirit led study. And when I read the entire parable from Matt. 22:2 - 14 I find that of the few that are chosen, even fewer are members of the Bride of the Christ.

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does it mean?

That Calvinism is right :yes: ;)

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

And that comes from that passage in the Bible?