1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does it mean to you to be KJVO?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by MRCoon, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

I don't believe in myths. There is my answer.

Do you feel threatened by those who only read and preach from the KJV? If not, drop it. If you do, take it up with God.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But apparently you believe in ONE myth...that the KJV is the ONLY valid English BV there is. You have even stated you're "coming outta the closet" into the KJVO camp. Noe, either you believe it or your earlier statement was a...'mistake'.

Now, do I feel threatened by those who use only the KJV? No, UNLESS THEY ATTACK OTHER VALID VERSIONS, thus showing they accept the KJVO MYTH.

Now, will you please answer my question and tell us how you justify KJVO without any SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT?

3. standingfirminChrist

The definition of a myth is a story without factual basis.

It is those who cling to the MV's who coined the phrase 'KJVO myth'.

Your asking me to prove the KJVO myth is like me telling you I brushed my teeth this morning and then demanding that you prove to me that I did.

Foolish.

4. standingfirminChrist

I see no one would post in your thread you opened so you came back here to continue your assault on God's people.

5. standingfirminChrist

Read the posts that I posted overnight and you will see why I have decided to go to the KJVO camp.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally posted by standingfirminChrist:
    The definition of a myth is a story without factual basis.

The KJVO myth meets that criterion.

It is those who cling to the MV's who coined the phrase 'KJVO myth'.

Right...to put a name on the myth created by those who believe the false KJVO doctrine.

Your asking me to prove the KJVO myth is like me telling you I brushed my teeth this morning and then demanding that you prove to me that I did.

Not at all. I assume you brush your teeth in the privacy of your own home, while this KJVO myth thingie is very public. And it's there for anyone to see, unlike your teeth, which can be seen only by those in your presence.

And again, you're not attempting to answer my simple, unloaded question: HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY BELIEVING THE KJVO MYTH WHEN YOU KNOW THERE'S NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT FOR IT?

Foolish.

Yes, your lack of an answer is. If you cannot answer, please, just simply ADMIT you can't.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, this thread has reached the 20-page limit where Roger said he was gonna close it. Perhaps he will letcha have the last word. Please, just deal with the question, devoid of spin. Please answer me as I have answered you-in a straightforward manner. If you cannot justify believing the KJVO myth, just please admit it.

If you wish to continue, please start another thread. In accordance with Roger's wishes, I shall post no more in this thread, even if it's run by others into more than 20 pages.

But DO please try to answer the simple little question as correctly as you can!

8. standingfirminChrist

9. standingfirminChrist

My proof that KJVO is not a myth.

lessee. Church and worship was more solid before all other versions.

Rock and Roll was not allowed in the churches that preached unswervingly the KJV.

Sensual Dance was not permitted in churches before MV's

Clothing was more modest before the breakdown of the faith by bringing in MV's.

2 Timothy 3 and 4 show what is happening. Self gratification.

10. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

So your proof is based on personal experiences and preferences and not the word of God?

11. standingfirminChrist

Based on the Word of God. See scripture chapters above. The Word said this would happen. It did not happen until MV's showed up on the scene.

12. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

So what about the days of Nero? Those days were much were than today.

13. KeithS

KeithS New Member

I have generally kept out of the KJVO vs. MV discussions, but these are really not valid assertions standingfirm. For instance:

Church and worship was more solid before the 60's.

Rock and Roll was not allowed in the churches before the 60's.

Sensual Dance was not permitted in churches before the 60's.

Clothing was more modest before the 60's.

It sounds to me like the problem is a baby boomer generation that failed to pass along their faith to their children in a substantial way. I could easily say the reason for this decline was the use of a very reliable version of the Bible that became irrelevant to the generation of the 60's because of its archaic linguistic style.

Personally I use my KJV for teaching and preaching, but I will not blame other versions for the banes of our culture and society.

14. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Dont confuse SFiC with facts, now Keith.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.