1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does it mean to you to be KJVO?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by MRCoon, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

What Version do they use in Moteral?

I don't even know where "Moteral" is supposed to be, and frankly, I don't much care.

Learn to be coherent, and maybe I'll start taking you seriously. Maybe. No promises.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, what does being KJVO mean to me? Nothing, if the person wishes to use only the KJB without dissing my choice to use several versions, or someone else's choice to use only the NASV, Geneva Bible, or any other one valid version.

Many years ago, the KJV was the most modern English Bible ever made. Well, in 1908, the Model T was the most modern car that had ever been made.

Problems begin when one believes the MYTH built up by MEN around the KJV. None of the assertions on the KJVO myth are found within the KJV.

So, what does it mean to me when one is KJVO according to the myth? It means they've swallowed a pack of lies and guesswork about the KJV, which were invented by men and gathered by a SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST into one error-filled book, which was copied and added to by dishonest "authors" who copied this book, re-wording it just enough to avoid plagiarism, adding a little of their own invention, using the power of modern media to peddle their papers & keep themselves livin' large. They depend upon the same kind of sensationalism to peddle their books, that Brown uses to sell the Da Vinci Code.

In short, it means they believe a false doctrine built around, but NOT FOUND IN an excellent English Bible version, a doctrine that is pure hooey, a doctrine that seeks to LIMIT GOD, a doctrine which can cause people to lose faith in ALL Bibles, a doctrine, due to its total falsehood, is insidious as a virus, a false doctrine that can warp the mind, as we've seen exhibited by certain messengers on certain boards.

This is what sets apart the KJVO from the KJVOnlyist.... the doctrine that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible translation, a doctrine that is TOTALLY FALSE.

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due to yer Canadian flag icon, I'd say he meant MONTREAL.(Just guessing)

4. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

I'm sorry I meant the French Vesion used in MONTREAL?

5. william s. correa

OK but what is the (a) (b)?

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

correa said:

I'm sorry I meant the French Vesion used in MONTREAL?

How am I supposed to know? There are more French translations of the Bible than any other language. Why do you foolishly assume every French-Canadian Christian in Montreal has the same version?

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The French say is it is a language about 200 years behind French spoken in France.

8. william s. correa

Man did you get up on the wrong side of the bed? What is Up with you?

9. william s. correa

The French say is it is a language about 200 years behind French spoken in France. </font>[/QUOTE]I'm sorry I asked?

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I hate deleting posts.

I don't know how we got into a discussion of French Bibles in Montreal, but any more will be deleted.

11. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

The same way you would demonstrate your conviction about ANYTHING that God convicted you about: you proclaim it then live it.

I don't remember anyone saying that they were "speaking for God."

As you might know, that is impossible. If it is the Holy Spirit then He will not lead away from the truth. Now, only one position can have this leading. I guess only heaven will tell.

Congratulations.

Again, congratulations. No one here is asking you to live by someone else's "convictions" they are just stating theirs, as you have.

Ah, bingo! Personally, that is the operative word. Many have stated their personal convictions, I did not read where the law was introduced into Congress. Yes it is a very personal thing, and being the brethren in Christ that we are, we like to share it. Please forgive if it so offensive. I am not offended that you receive all or most versions as God's word.

I did say most, not all. The quote you dug up was the exception, not the rule.

Good day.

12. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

Sorry, double post. :mad:

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:What makes it false is that we choose and we cannot choose Gods Word it Chooses us!

Know what "Bah! Humbug!" means? The main reason the KJVO myth is false is that ot's not supported whatsoever by Scripture as found in the KJV itself.

The Whole issue of KJVO is an deversion from the truth and casting doubt on the Truth!

No, it's sticking with the truth. And the truth is that the whole KJVO myth is false.

when such statements are made when they are attacking the very core that our faith was established then that is both incorrect and a false way or doctorine!

No, it's attacking a FALSE DOCTRINE, which every Christian has a D-U-T-Y to do.

If one chooses God's word that is! The Modernists say this vesion while the KJVo say this translation

There are several versions of God's word, and the KJV is one of them. And of course we say "version". Please look version up in your dictionary. The KJV is a version, same as is the NIV, New King James, etc.

But God says "THIS is "MY" Beloved Son hear ye HIM" So then We should listen to Jesus and King Jesus has Ordained the KJB and Not any other in English!

Poppycock.

Please show us the SCRIPTURE where Jesus ordains the KJV or admit you're just blabbering.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:For prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21) No one claims that the KJB is Not the Word of God BUT There is Doubt on ALL MV's"

Doubts cast by the KJVOs who are on the search for ANYTHING to support their myth.

The KJV changed the words of God".!

Actually, that was the KJV that changed them. Go ahead, compare the KJV to the older Geneva Bible.

No they did Not they were moved By the Holy Ghost as they translated it.400 years and not a word until the Modernists crowd came in and had to "CHANGE" well change isnt Always good!

With THAT kinda thinking, why have translations at all? See how silly your premise is?

So why the Doube standard I'm Not dodging any question that me and Jesus cannot answer!

Apparently, it's just YOU answering, because you haven't given a CORRECT answer yet. Wanna try to end your unbroken record of wrong answers? Then please post some Scripture that supports the KJVO myth.

what you are telling me correct me if I'm wrong is that we are to be subject under Romish,Popish rule and all speek Latin or Greek Or Can God give England His word to reveal it to the Known wolrd and Put down and Speak to Us in our mother toungue?

God gave His word to those who spoke Hebrew, in Hebrew. He gave it in Greek to those who spoke Greek. He gave it in Elizabethan English to those who spoke it. And He continues to give it in current English to those who speak it.

You're acting as if God retired in 1611 & no longer presents/provides His word, by His power, in our langiages. However, your only evidence against this fact is guesswork. I suggest you toss all those books by Riplinger, Ruckman, Watkins, Vance, etc. because they're poisoning your mind. Evidently you cannot read their stuff without BELIEVING it, so I suggest you do NOT read The Da Vinci Code or you'll believe it, too.

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is well that you can use the KJV w/o messing with the garbage of the KJVO myth.

16. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Cranston, it is apparently true that Mr. Correa falls for everything he reads or hears that promotes the KJVO myth, but I don't think he's naive enough to fall for the garbage in The Da Vinci Code...

17. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

PhatCat said:

Me:

What are this person's credentials to speak authoritatively for God?

You:

I don't remember anyone saying that they were "speaking for God."

I repeat: Stop being disingenuous. When someone claims that "the Holy Spirit bears witness in my spirit that thus-and-so is true, and shame on you for being deluded by the devil," as certain persons on this forum have stated, that is exactly what they are claiming.

As you might know, that is impossible. [i.e. that someone's "convictions" from the Holy Spirit don't square with the truth]

Yes, it is . . . so what does that tell you about the "spirit" whom such persons claim to have convictions from?

KJV-onlyism doesn't agree with the truth on any meaningful level, so what should we assume about people who claim the Holy Spirit has convicted them of that? Are they deceptive, deluded, or demon-possessed?

Come on, Phat, use a little common sense, will you?

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't depend on it.....

19. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Posted in a Fundamental Baptist forum:

Most of us who devoutly believe and defend the King James Bible are well aware of how "stupid" "ignorant" "backward" "cultic" "unloving" and "narrow minded" we are IN YOUR EYES.

You do not need to tell us again, we heard you the first time and have been hearing you for hundreds of years. The trouble is that we are a loyal and faithful lot finding it difficult to change our stand and beliefs. Even with all of your books, magazines, articles, and posts, you have not given us any evidence, either material or Spiritual, to show that you offer us anything betterthan what we already have. In fact there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that you could even offer us anything as good as we have!

Therefore to listen to your insults, blasphemies, and offers, is a repeat of history and a waste of our time but we thank you for your concern (you did come out of true concern didn't you?) but we are really not interested in your offers.

We will however pray that you come to know and believe in something to the point that you are willing to stand as a true defender of the faith in the face of any and all opposition just as most of us do.

We DO however stand with open invitation to all who come sincerely seeking the truth in the matter of the King James Bible versus the Modern Versions. I don't know of a single KJBible defender who will lie to you or twist History or the Scriptures to make a point. If any do then they have other problems that need dealt with before the Lord and have no fellowship with the true defenders of God's Word.

We ask the seeker to look beneath all the hype and the arguments found in every public KJBible forum, for the devil sends such events to keep you discouraged and in the dark. Be not detoured from your mission of truth, for in the end the Spirit of God will testify to the Spirit in you as to what is true and what is not.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Written by Jim Oakley and used by permission.

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The King James Only mentality has been around less than 40 years , not hundreds . If Mr. Oakley is off on that , he is off on other items as well . One is not "defending the faith" by sticking up for KJO stuff . Jude 4 , for example , is worlds away from the KJO nonsense .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.