1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does....

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Preacher Nathan Knight, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Ramson, May I suggest you follow paidagogos lead? He, or she, what ever the case has stated his disagreements with what he sees and hears about Brother Kidd, WITHOUT debasing himself and making allegations to the man's character.

You really look pious to all the world's view, not just in my observation. My 14 year old daughter read some of your comments and said, "What is wrong with that guy?" (OUCH! I bit my tongue!)

I made a typo in your name at the opening of my post, but I think I'll let it stand
    "RAM son" [​IMG]

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

My 14 year old daughter read some of your comments and said, "What is wrong with that guy?"

That's nice, but I stopped worrying about what 14-year-old girls thought of me around the time I turned 15. [​IMG] My post and my opinion of "Dr." Kidd stands.

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Congratulations for failing to recognize your inferior intelligence and the superiority of a 14 year old over it.

You'd better be more concerned about what 14 year olds think, they'll be the ones changing your diapers one day! Of course, you jsut might be relishing in one now! :eek: [​IMG] :D

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Sorry, I thought I was speaking to someone rational. My mistake; I won't repeat it.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry to interrupt your personal attacks, but to get back to the OP:

His website LINK has this quote under his name which seems typical of certain "spirit"

"LOVED BY SOME, HATED BY MANY, KNOWN BY ALL "

This I think is definitely wrong, apart from this thread I, for one, know nothing about him!

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

The why did you post in regards to his "spirit", he was telling the truth. Is that it? the problem is the truth?

In every one of our cases this applies, I'm loved by some, hated by many, and known by all those who do either, or should be the case on the part of those who hate me, but then if they got to really know me, they couldn't help but love me! :D

Including "Ram"son
    :eek:

I have learned to "get over" personality conflicts in my Christian maturity, may I suggest everyone else do the same? Is that too rash? Isn't that Christian motivation? Isn't that the command of Jesus, "Love thine enemies"? Just who is our enemy? Mine is not Ransom, and I hope he doesn't consider me his, so please don't insinuate otherwise.

I think I will start another fundamental thread:

Who is my brother?

7. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I wonder how many posts on this thread would meet this Biblical admonition?

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I would hope the realization is that while edification means to build up, that in the all too often case of construction some things must be reworked and even torn down in the process to assure the building is fitly framed together. If we rebuke with all authority it is only to remove hazardous materials and poor craftmanship.

What is your motive is the next question, to reprove or tear down, all the while with the intention, and a well thought out plan of rebuilding I hope, not to just leave a pile of rubble.

9. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

I would hope the realization is that while edification means to build up, that in the all too often case of construction some things must be reworked and even torn down in the process to assure the building is fitly framed together. If we rebuke with all authority it is only to remove hazardous materials and poor craftmanship.

What is your motive is the next question, to reprove or tear down, all the while with the intention, and a well thought out plan of rebuilding I hope, not to just leave a pile of rubble.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Brother, I trust that you can accept a rebuke in the spirit that it is intended. You did not properly explain and apply the quoted Scripture. The Word of God explicitly says, “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth….” It does not leave the door open to rationalizations or excuses. It plainly says don’t do this period! Motivation is not the key.

Many people say and do cruel things to other people and say, “I was just joking.” A good motive cannot sanitize a filthy deed.

There is a time and place to rebuke the sinner but we do not make it a personal vendetta. Notice that “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee (Jude 1:9).” We must speak the truth but we must speak it in love. Love means that our purpose is in the best interest of the one whom we are rebuking.

How we rebuke the sinner is important. Even though we may be right in principle and motive, we are not given license to use “corrupt communication” that is not edifying.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Please don't insist on addrerssing this, your above words do exactly what you're accusing me of and with a raging spirit.

Thank You

11. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

12. Singleman

Singleman New Member

Although I'll likely be branded a coward, one of the reasons I don't post much is that I don't want to get involved in an argument with a brother or sister that might turn ugly. I have to admit that I have a temper, and I don't wish to say things that would be hurtful to others. Too many Christians today launch personal attacks against those who disagree with them and then justify it with Scriptures dealing with rebuke. We should confront error, but perhaps when doing so we should keep in mind another verse, 1 Peter 3:15, where we are told to defend our faith with "meekness and fear" (KJV). A little humility certainly wouldn't hurt any of us.

13. Precepts

Precepts New Member

My prayer dear brothers is that we are admonished by the Word of God to be mature and not babies.

I have witnessed some of the most immature Christians in this forum as i think I've ever seen.

I have openly and by PM apologized to many, but yet they keep dragging this dead horse with a dagger of complaint and wielding a spear of accusation all the while.

Congratulations fellows, you've earned some dubious award of some kind that I have no earthly idea what it is.

It's a shame when sop drunks can duke it out and in the end be buying each others booze, but those who are supposed to have peace are constantly dividing and scrapping cutting each other off, excommunicating each other, that, my friends, is a practice of the RCC.

No, I am not making some slant or attack on the brethren, just shedding some light and with a grieved heart all the while, I can only wonder if the Holy Ghost is as grieved?

14. georgeS

georgeS New Member

I'm quoteing the above because it also speaks for me and mostlikely others. [​IMG]

15. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I am sorry and saddened that this is the view of some on this board. Please don't let the bad attitude of others keep you from expressing your beliefs. Please keep posting and be sure to let me know if you feel threatened.
    Murph

16. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I was admonished that my statement regarding the term "babies" was "taking a jab" at others, that was never the intention of my heart. I retract the staement and hope to be reconciled in the sight of all, realizing some might take offense.

My only intention is to admonish, not rebuke.

I have also seen where the definition of "admonish" was considerd to be harsh by others. Admonishing is never considered harsh by definition, but only by the preference on part of the individual. Please consider the following taken from the Webster's 1828 Dictionary of the English Language:

ADMON'ISH, v.t. [L. admoneo, ad and moneo, to teach, warn, admonish.]

1. To warn or notify of a fault; to reprove with mildness.

Count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. 2Thess. 3.

2. To counsel against wrong practices; to caution or advise.

Admonish one another in psalms and hymns. Col. 3.

3. To instruct or direct.

Moses was admonished of God, when he was about to make the tabernacle. Heb. 8.

4. In ecclesiastical affairs, to reprove a member of the church for a fault, either publicly or privately; the first step of church discipline. It is followed by of, or against; as, to admonish of a fault committed, or against committing a fault. It has a like use in colleges.

REBU'KE, v.t. [See Pack and Impeach.]

1. To chide; to reprove; to reprehend for a fault; to check by reproof.

The proud he tam'd, the penitent he cheer'd, not to rebuke the rich offender fear'd.

Thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbor. Lev. 19.

2. To check or restrain.

The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan. Zech. 3. Is. 17.

3. To chasten; to punish; to afflict for correction.

O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger. Ps. 6.

4. To check; to silence.

Master, rebuke thy disciples. Luke 19.

5. To check; to heal.

And he stood over her and rebuked the fever. Luke 4.

6. To restrain; to calm.

He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea. Matt. 8.

REBU'KE, n.

1. A chiding; reproof for faults; reprehension.

Why bear you these rebukes and answer not?

2. In Scripture, chastisement; punishment; affliction for the purpose of restraint and correction. Ezek. 5. Hos. 5.

3. In low language, any kind of check.

To suffer rebuke, to endure the reproach and persecution of men. Jer. 15.

To be without rebuke, to live without giving cause of reproof or censure; to be blameless.

I only ask you to consider this as an attempt to reveal my heart, not an excuse in an attempt to defend myself or to excuse rash behaviour, simply because I meant none.

As the brother posted previously in his regard to not be attacked, I thank him for the admonishment he has given me to be real particular to whom I respond as well as how I respond.

I do believe I have the right to defend a person's character as I have Bro. Kidd's. Those who don't know him attack his character. "Don't judge a book by it's cover" it hasd been said, I suggest/admonish that you take time to familiarize yourself with the man, and not his outward appearance.

I as well, seem to be attacked because some have not had the adequate amount of time in getting to know me, I hope this will soon be on the positive note from here on out.

Thank You for your consideration,

Brother Ricky

17. showard93

showard93 New Member

I am not trying to get this debate going again but I just read this on Bro. Kidd's website that he wrote on his guestbook. It just goes to show all of those that have said he was racist that he is not. Here is a copy of what he wrote.

DEAR READER;
    The Lord saved 10 people during our meeting in Niceville. Each conversion was a blessing to me. But God allowed us to witness a special blessing during the revival. Some college girls came one night, and three of them got saved that night. Sunday (both services) Five black college girls attended both services- each stood and gave testimony of the grace of God. It thrilled my heart to see these young girls excited about getting saved. I paid for all of them to go out and eat Sunday afternoon. They are already starting to have an impact on their college.
    May God bless you young ladies as you allow The Lord to direct you lives. Keep in touch.

DR. KIDD

18. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Yep! That's the Brother Phil Kidd I know! [​IMG]