1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What flavor are you? :)

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Copper, May 25, 2005.

1. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Born into the same church I still attend, which was from its beginning 112 years ago a part of the American Baptist Churches, USA. Was, that is, until 2 years ago when we got fed up with the last straw of liberalism, and left to join the Conservative Baptists (CBAmerica). God has blessed us ever since making that move.

2. Lamb

Lamb New Member

Southern Baptist [​IMG]

3. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

United Baptist

4. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Grew up in Southern baptist church. saved in a bible preaching SB church. Called to ministry in SB church. Went to independent baptist college.
    Piedmont Baptist College. It was there I learned all about different baptist. Out of my personal convictions I felt led to minister in IFB circles. I must admit there are alot of circles in IFB. ha! ha!
    I'm not a SBC hating IFB. I just don't think it is right how the SBC won't rid themselves of liberals. They are to be defeated not put up with.
    I don't like how cooperative program money goes to help fund very questionable schools to say the least.
    My mom and dad attend a wonderful bible preaching SB church.
    Some IFB may be on the fringe in some areas but for the most part you always know where they stand. I like the fact that most IFB men, will speak out against false teaching. Some call that
    "militant fundamentalism". Whatever you want to call it we need more of it today instead of this ecumenical, light on doctrine stuff we have in mainstream evangelicalism today.

5. patrioticcamerican

There's a lot of great Southern Baptist people out there, but as for me, I'm independent. I just think that having all churches being under a denominational headquarters, whether its SBC or anyone else, however well-intentioned it may be, opens itself up to trouble down the road, too much control or eventually possible corruption. On the flip side, it could help to preserve correct doctrine, but the larger a group gets, the more difficult it is to control. I guess you would call me an IFB, but not in the vein of the Hyles types...I believe in bus ministry but that a church is more than just that. There has to be opportunities for believers to grow and be discipled. I do believe in King James Version, but I won't go deeply into that since it's not the purpose of this thread. I don't believe KJ is the only one for anyone in the world though. I don't believe that it as a translation itself was inspired, but that it is inspired only because it is a correct, exact translation of the original languages. If I were Spanish-speaking, I would want a translation from the Hebrew and Greek that was in Spanish.