1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What happened to the resurrected FLESHLY Body of Christ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Aug 24, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Seve, still waiting for a reasonable rationale Biblical based answer?

2. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

He is teaching not only "another Jesus" but another god. His doctrine is a complete repudiation of the atonement and the Bible as the inspired Word of God, a complete repudiation of "the faith" once delivered. Nothing is more heretical than what he is teaching as the whole basis of Christianity is being attacked by his false doctrine - 1 Cor. 15:13-19.

3. Seve

Seve Member

What you don't like is..... I expose the foolishness of your religious dotrinal faith.... sorry.... Lean from your mistake.

By the way.... here again the issue that you've been trying to avoid to deal with directly.... see if you can explain why the king knows the appearance or the look-a-like of the Son of God in the Old Testament....

Does your religious organization believes that "Theophonies" is THE EXPRESS IMAGE of the invisible God, bodily?

:tonofbricks:

#63 Seve, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Seve, you are EMPTY of answers but FULL of ridicule toward those you cannot answer!

Does not the Bible say that a Christian should always be READY to give an answer? You are bankrupt when it comes to ANSWERS.

Your ridicule simply demonstrates your low level of intelligence and nothing more!

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Seve, still waiting for a substantial rational and reasonable Biblical answer to these questions!

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Still waiting for a reasonable and rational substantial Biblical response to these questions!!!

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Already addressed this statement. He is a pagan and has a polytheistic view of god as did all Babylonians. He is comparing what he saw in the furnace as "LIKE" something comparible to his own god's. His gods were human like as were nearly all pagan cultures of his day.

The scripture NOWHERE says that Christ's body is the express image of God. That is your imagination. Paul says he was the express image of the "INVISIBLE" God. Paul spoke of believer being renewed after that "image" but not in the body but in HOLINESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS (Col. 3:10).

Adam was not made in the PHYSICAL "Image" of God as most animals had all the PHYSICAL characteristics that Adam did (eyes, nose, mouth, earths, legs, etc.). He was made in "OUR" image not merely ONE person of the Godhead. That PLURAL "OUR" image is SPIRITUAL and INVISIBLE as it had to do with a conscience, rationality, holiness, finite likenesses of omnsicience, omnipresence etc. (eyes, mind, etc.).

You want us to answer YOUR objections but you either WILL NOT or CANNOT answer our objections! This is a debate! Do you know what a DEBATE is? It requires the CHRISTIAN COURTESY to respond in like manner.

8. Seve

Seve Member

That's already been taken care of.... Either you don't like my answer or you just don't have the brain capacity to understand what I am trying to say.... which is which...? (see again below)

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You need to deal with NT Scripture, not with the OT. Jesus Christ sits on the right hand of the throne of God. A spirit doesn't sit. He stood when Stephen was martyred. Spirits don't stand. He appeared to the disciples and to over 500. You must deal with these facts, not the OT.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't JW hold that jesus physical body rotted away/turned to gas, while he was resurrected a spirit?

11. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

That which the king saw walking around in the fire was to him 'like the Son of God."

But wait...

How could he see the four figures clearly in the flames? They were built up so high they were seven times hotter than ever before.

Is it at all possible that what the king saw were four figures and not necessarily clear recognizable faces? This would explain why he said the fourth was like the Son of God. He had surely heard of the Son of God from the three Hebrew children, so when they said their God would deliver them from the fire and he saw four men in the flames walking around he automatically thought the fourth must have been the Son of God.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

>How could he see the four figures clearly in the flames? They were built up so high they were seven times hotter than ever before.

Exactly what does "seven times hotter" mean?

Iron melts at 1735 C. How did they build a 12,000 degree C fire?

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Figure of speech...

really/really hot!

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

How do you know the structure was made of simply iron?

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They believe that in some way the material body was taken away by God the Father, and only the spirit rose. Of course a spirit resurrection is no resurrection at all. Every spirit rises when we die. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I expect my spirit will rise to meet the Lord when I die too.
    It is complete nonsense--a denial of the resurrection completely.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just the facts Ma'am.

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. Matt. 27:50 ἀφῆκεν τὸ πνεῦμα

And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. Mark 15:37 ἐκπνέω

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. Luke 23:46 ἐκπνέω

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. John 19:30 παρέδωκεν τὸ πνεῦμα

What took place above concerning spirit, body, soul?

ἐκπνέω to breathe out, breathe out one's life, breathe one's last (breath), expire

Father into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he breathe out his life.

The breath of life that made Jesus a living soul departed from him to his Father God who had given it.

Jesus was dead, because there was no longer any spirit life in him to keep him alive. A living soul.

What was left of Jesus was the dead body and the memory of a once living soul.

As for the once living soul Jesus who had died.
    Psalms 6:5,6 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death [there is] no remembrance of thee: in the grave (Sheol, Hades, the place of souls that have died.) who shall give thee thanks?

While dead in Sheol, Hades could Jesus think of God or give God thanks, per the two verses above?

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before, spake of the resurrection of the Christ, that his soul was not left in hell (Hades, Sheol the place of souls that have died), neither his flesh did see corruption.

The soul of Jesus was resurrected from the dead in a body that would no more see corruption. Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him (Jesus the soul) up from the dead, [nowt] no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
    That being: Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell (Sheol, Hades), neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

The soul was resurrected in the body that was entombed yet of incorruptible flesh and bone. A spiritual body. This was done by the renewing of the Holy Spirit to the dead Son of God, by the Living, Spirit God his Father. The Spirit (Life) of the Son was then no longer in the hands of the Father. John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Oh please not more of this nonsense of non-existent soul at physical death!!!

Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Please do not respond that he had to inform the theif what day it is that he spoke these words. Do you really think anyone on execution row does not know what day it is when they are executed?

18. Steadfast Fred

Percho said the soul of Jesus was resurrected from the dead.

That is an incorrect statement. Jesus' soul never died. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. Jesus never sinned.

So his referring to Jesus' soul as 'once living' is not true.

19. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the death of Jesus did not pay the death penalty for, "the soul that sins it shall die?"

Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death:

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Were these eight souls saved from death?

Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Who was crucified and slain? The living soul Jesus. Was he dead?

Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

But some [man] will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

Should that verse read? But some will say, How are the dead bodies raised up? And with what body to they (the dead bodies) come?

spake of the resurrection of the Christ,

What was resurrected?
    The soul from Hades = Sheol where the Holy Spirit said in Ps 6:5,6 it had no memory nor could it thank God.
    neither did his flesh see corruption

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Should that read. the earthly house of tabernacle of Christ died for us.

20. Steadfast Fred

Wrong Percho...

The body was dead, not the soul.

Jesus' soul did not die.

#80 Steadfast Fred, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012