1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what happens if you die while you're sinning? Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, May 17, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

C'mon now DHK, ya know Claudia keeps the law. That is why she is able to tell us we are sinning by not worshipping on saturday.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Glad I didn't die while eating my pork chop after going to church on Sunday...while wearing my Leviticus 19:19 violating, poly/cotton shirt.

I wouldn't have stood a chance.

3. standingfirminChrist

rbell!! NO!!!!

not poly/cotton and porkchops. they clash (especially if the porkchop is bbq'd.)

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh, it's OK...

The shirt just becomes ritually unclean for seven days.

5. standingfirminChrist

rsr,

once ya leave the brazen altar, don't forget to stop by the laver and wash yer hands and feet.

6. gekko

gekko New Member

you guys are moronic.
    --------------
    DHK - you quoted a verse that goes against what you are trying to say - you ARE trying to say that no one can keep all the law - and i agree.

here's the verse: "Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them."

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, that is the exact verse that I meant to quote.
    It means that if you can't keep the law you are cursed. No man can keep the law. This verse indicates that you would have to keep all the law continuously all the time in order not to be under the curse. But in truth we can't keep the law even one day, let alone all of our lives. We break the law continuosly if we are truthful with ourselves. We don't even measure up to our own standards much less God's standard of perfection. Any man who tries to keep the law is cursed.
    Why? salvation is by faith and not by the works of the law.
    DHK

8. standingfirminChrist

not sure about this one, and DHK you can let me know if I am wrong, but isn't it improper to call a moderator moronic? lol

9. gekko

gekko New Member

DHK said "Any man who tries to keep the law is cursed. "

see that's where you get unbiblical - i believe salvation is by faith and not by works. i believe that.

why is that unbiblical? because Jesus would not command us to keep his commandments if he knew we could not keep them. right?

--------

i wasn't talking to DHK when i said "you guys are moronic.

10. gekko

gekko New Member

im going boarding - and then going to sleep - see ya'll tomorrow!

God bless

11. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Brother Bob,

You have never spoken an untruth since you have been saved? If a woman asks you if she looks o.k., and you think she looks rather "clownish", you say to her "...no, you look clownish!"? If someone asks you if you are "doing OK", and actually you have some serious concerns on your mind, you never just casually say "...doing fine, brother!"? You never "fudge" the truth, you never fail to say "the whole truth" so as not to insult someone?

So you believe that if you were to speak an untruth, you would flip from "heaven bound" to "hell bound" at that point? And you believe that if you quickly "confess and repent" real quick, you will then flip back to "heaven bound" from "hell bound" again??? And that this will go on and on your whole life...child of God...child of the devil...child of God...child of the devil...child of God...child of the devil...for your whole life?

So...you keep all the commandments, all the time, never failing, always perfect...every jot and tittle???

All the time...perfectly...never failing in any way?

From a post later on...

Oh.

Now you do commit sins.

Have you just started all of this sinning since the previous post?

Or have you been sinning all along? Which of course would mean that you sinned..(by lying, which you said you never did)..in that previous post when you said...

But now you say you DO sin. Which means you are a sinner, who breaks the commandments.

Oh.

So you are a sinner...but not one who commits a sin unto death?

The scriptures tell us...

Hmmmmmmm.

In~His~Grace~

Mike

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, you can try to keep the law all you want. No problem. But don't expect that to bring you salvation because it won't.
    The verse says:
    "Cursed is everyone that continues not in all things that are written in the book of the law to do them."

Another translation:
    Galatians 3:10 for as many as are of works of law are under a curse, for it hath been written, `Cursed is every one who is not remaining in all things that have been written in the Book of the Law--to do them,' (Young's)

This is in the context of salvation. There is no man that can keep the law perfectly. It would require absolute perfect submission to all the law all of your life in order to escape the curse of the law. Thus the law condemns; it does not save.
    The law was put in place to point us to Christ. It shows us our sinfulness. It demonstrates that we need a Saviour because we are sinners.
    Cursed is every one who does not remain in all things that have been written in the Book of the Law to do them. That is a fairly damning statement, on any person that tries to keep the law (in order to go to Heaven).
    Nothing here is unbiblical.
    Salvation is by faith, not by works.
    And that is what the following verses teach:

Galatians 3:11-13 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    No, that is not true.
    God knew that the nation of Israel could not keep the law. The sacrifices pointed to Christ. But the blood of bulls and goats were never sufficient enough to take away sins. The law failed every time. Man failed in keeping the law. It was impossible for him to keep; impossible for any man to keep.
    Examine yourself in the light of just some of God's moral law.
    Bearing false witness includes lying. Has there ever been a time in your life where you have lied. It only takes one lie to make a liar.
    Thou shalt not murder. Jesus defined murder as being angry with your brother. John defined it the same way. Have you ever lost your temper, been angry at anyone? That is the sin of murder.
    Thou shalt not commit adultery. Jesus defined that as looking at a woman to lust after her. Have you ever committed that sin?
    Thou shalt not covet. Have you ever wanted something that you knew you couldn't have--a new car, or something that didn't belong to you ( a new wife??) [Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.] Coveting is desiring those things which you cannot have.
    Taking the Lord's name in vain is probably easier to do than you think it is.
    Stealing is something many people do without even realizing it. People steal by cheating on their taxes, by copying and pasting without permission (stealing of information), plagiarism, any kinnd of violation of copyright laws, downloading music (a grey area I know), buying pirated cd's and other such things, or just making a copy of a music cd for yourself from your friends copy. There are many ways to steal.
    No doubt we all break all the commandments without realizing it. The rich young ruler who came to Jesus wanting to have eternal life was a fool when he said to Jesus: "All these I have kept from my youth up." (referring to the Ten Commandments). He had lied to Christ, and Christ went on to demonstrate how he had lied, and how he had not kept the Ten Commandments. He demonstrated his sin of covetousness, for he coveted his riches more than desiring Christ.
    No man can keep the law. The law condemns. Christ saves.
    DHK

13. gekko

gekko New Member

ok - so im back from boarding - and had to post this - because obviously it is not in your heads yet.

DHK said "No, you can try to keep the law all you want. No problem. But don't expect that to bring you salvation because it won't."

did I EVER say that keeping all the law will bring salvation? NO I DO NOT THINK I HAVE EVER SAID THAT. thank you very much. you need not point that out again. [​IMG]

"Salvation is by faith, not by works.
    And that is what the following verses teach:"

again - we've gone over that a million times.

------

just 6 months ago i looked into the mirror of the ten commandments and realized i was a false convert...
    ------

so do you believe that we are to keep the law now as christians?

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

You all stretch it to try and make someone to be what they are not.

(Yes, I said I sin after Salvation, NO, I didn't admit to breaking the Commandments, read the following. If I did not have Scripture D28; you would not see me posting it, unless unknown to me.)

1 John, chapter 5
    "16": If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that (he shall pray for it.)

(You are completely ignoring this part if you say your are breaking the Commandments.)

"17": All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

D28; You hmmmm and assume that you have caught me in sin unto death. God forbid, for I would certainly be disappointed in myself. I don't claim to be above sin at all but I have given you the Scriptures above that include what sin I talk about. I believe in a God much stronger than you apparently do for we are kept by he power of God. I would hate to think we had a house full of adulterers in our church. I ask you, after it has been exposed that someone has committed adultery, do you feel the same about that person as you did in the past? Now don't lie.

[ May 18, 2006, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Brother Bob ]

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

D28; You mock " a sin unto death" when it is the Holy Scripture, please be careful for in so doing you mock God also.

1 John, chapter 5
    "16": If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that (he shall pray for it.)
    "17": All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

No one on here has stated that keep the Commandments would bring Salvation and when we speak of keeping the Law, we mean the ten Commandments for that is what Jesus came "preaching" when He preached His own everlasting Gospel.

16. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

How does one identify a sin unto death? I always assumed it was the one that got you killed.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It will get you killed if you don't repent of it.

Why in the world would it say "not to pray for it" if the person was dead. :eek:

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Because the person is dead? You never seen catholics lighting candles and praying for dead people? It doesn't do any good, don't do it. Why else would we be told NOT to pray for someone?

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Far out is all I can say!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It talking about "overtaking a brother sinning". It would be rather hard to find a dead brother sinning!!

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

1 Samuel 12:23
    23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: