1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what happens if you die while you're sinning? Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, May 17, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

JJ; You need prayer.

DP; Amen to all your posts.

JJ; I am a preacher sent of God to preach repentance to a lost and dying world and that is what I am telling you also.

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

D28guy

Have you acutally READ Matthew 5???

Jesus begins by saying that He did not come to destroy the law. AFTER He tells us we are the salt of the earth and that we are supposed to do good works to glorify our Father in heaven.

THEN Jesus says our righteousness must EXCEED that of the Pharisees or else we "will in no case enter the kingdom of heaven"

eleboratig on that He said you have heard thou shalt not kill but Im telling you dont be angry with your brother. Thou shalt not commit adultery but Im telling you dont lust after a woman in your heart.

Then YOU COME ALONG and act as if this means go ahead and do these things sincde we cant keep the law anyway!!!

How twisted is THAT?? seriously!

Matthew 5
    13: Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
    14: Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
    15: Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
    16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
    17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    20: For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    21: Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
    22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
    23: Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
    24: Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
    25: Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
    26: Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
    27: Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
    28: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

DPT no that information is not given to us in that passage. That's why we are told to compare Scripture with Scripture.

God is not temporary. God is eternal.

I would suspect that heaven (God's current dwelling place) is probably eternal, but He won't dwell in heaven for eternity. We are told that He will dwell amongst His people on the earth eventually.

That's why when people talk about spending eternity in heaven they are mis-speaking, becuase God isn't even going to dwell in heaven for eternity.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

maybe thats their problem

Mt:11:25: At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Amen to that! I'll never turn down prayer!

So? That doesn't mean that you know who is and who is not saved. Nor does it give you the right to judge someone's eternal state. Being a preacher has nothing to do with the matter.

So Brother Bob do you think I am lost and a part of the dying world?

6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

And boy that is the truth today as well. How many 100s of thousands of folks do we have that are seminary trained (wise) and yet they have no understanding of the kingdom.

God is still in the business of making the foolish wise and the wise foolish.

7. D28guy

D28guy New Member

BB, Claudia,

I wish I had time to respond now, but gotta go to work.

I'll be back later.

Mike

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

J.J.,

You say:

Correct.

Correct.

But, you mentioned of 'heaven':

Remember the Lord's Prayer of Matthew 6:9-15. Notice verse 10 says, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, AS IT(earth) is in heaven."

I understanding of Matt. 6:10 speaks of future, when Christ shall come, he shall bring the kingdom of the heaven down to earth, both shall be unity become into ONE, so, therefore, it is an eternity condition.

2 Peter 3:10-13 telling us, we are eager looking forward for the coming of the Lord, that this present old heavens and old earth shall be burned away, SO, we are looking forward for new heavens and a new earth. It speaks of eternality, not a temporary.

Understand, it teaches us, there are three heavens. First heaven - sky of the earth. Second heaven - space- sun, stars, and planets. Third heaven - God's home. Apostle Paul told us, he thought that he was probably already death(I believed he was stoned at Lysta to death for temporary), he was caught up in the third heaven, saw Christ sits on the throne.

No question, New Jerusalem - a literal physical city which is located in the third heaven where God is dwelling right now. It is not a temporary. New Jerusalem is not a temporary city. It is an eternality city.

In John 14:1-3 tells us, when Christ shall come again, He shall receive us, and bring us to His Father's house, where He dwells is New jerusalem, that would be follow at the second coming.

You say:

I disagree.

Use our common sense, the Bible simple teaching us there is only TWO destiny where we all shall go right after our death - everlasting punishment- hell(then later cast into the lake of fire), and everlasting life-to be WITH the Lord EVER(1 Thess. 4:17b).

Your teaching similar like Joey Faust & Gary Whipple's on Christian's purgatory is a strange to me. I disagree with them. I rather follow what the Bible saying than what men saying according to Colossians 2:8.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

9. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

J.J.,

You think 'kingdom' is a temporary.

How about Daniel 7:14 says, "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his domination is AN EVERLASTING dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which SHALL NOT BE DESTROYED."?

Is his kingdom a temporary?

How about Daniel 7:18 -"But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and posess the kingdom FOR EVER, EVEN FOR EVER AND EVER."

Does this verse telling us it is a temporary? Does this verse telling us, it shall be lasted for only a thousand years??

In Christ

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

JJ; I am not your judge and neither would I want to be.

God is not going to be in Heaven forever? Where is He going to!!!!!! I need to know.

11. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "God is eternal."

EEK! you used the word ETERNAL! that's a bad translation... tsk tsk.

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's funny...I don't remember you crawling into my head [​IMG] How can you tell me what I think?

Just to set the record straight I do not believe the kingdom is temporal. It is eternal however it has phases. Christ will reign for 1,000 years and then He will give the kingdom back to God and the throne upon which He sits will become the throne of God and the Lamb.

There is nothing temporal about the kingdom. However the Lord's Day last exactly that for a day (1,000 years as per II Peter 3:8)

As to the New Jerusalem you are absolutely correct in that it is a literal city. However, you are incorrect in that it remains in heaven for eternity.

John said and I saw a city coming down. How can it come down from somewhere above heaven? The third heaven which you speak is as far as something can go, so the New Jerusalem was not above the third heaven.

It comes down out of heaven to the earth.

I don't have to use common sense I can just believe what the Bible says. You make the mistake as a lot of others in that you think eternity begins right after this physical death. That is incorrect and the Bible in no way teaches that.

And this teaching may be strange to you (it was to me when I first started studying through it - of which my study is not complete), but instead of writing it off (as the Pharisees, scribes and Saducees did) I suggest you study it out completely. Don't make the mistake that most people make and that is to write it off as untrue before you even study it out.

So far what you believe is a lot of man-made tradition that has been passed down from one generation to another. The Bible is clear in that it teaches this life, the age/world to come and then eternity.

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Now see here you go again with these immature comments. You show signs of wanting to study matters through instead of acting like you know everything there is to know already. But then again you revert back to childish things.

If you would go out and buy a Interlinear Greek NT you would see that different wording is used when talking about God and when talking about life. Matter of fact you don't even have to go buy one you can find one free on the internet.

But you as so many others just go by the translation you have in front of you as if it was inspired. The translations are not inspired.

Do you have to be a Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic scholar? No. I am certainly not. But I know what resources are available and I study along the way and I make sure I listen to folks that do have more knowledge than I do when it comes to the languages.

14. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "You make the mistake as a lot of others in that you think eternity begins right after this physical death."

i respond with "it is appointed a man once to die, then comes judgment"

you see... when we die - we go to judgment - what happens after judgment? a holding cell? no we are already in a holding cell. after the judgment we go to either heaven or hell.

--------

so now you're accusing us of being pharisee's and scribes and saducees? - thanks alot.

--------

man-made tradition? no - we go straight from scripture. prove we dont. we have already proved we do. -thank you in advance.

--------

15. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "You show signs of wanting to study matters through instead of acting like you know everything there is to know already."

I THINK I KNOW EVERYTHING? give me a break.

look at you J.Jump - you're sittin there thinkin you got the bible all figured out on what comes when and how and who goes and why. i dont think that - at least im humble enough not to equate others to pharisee's and false doctrine and man-made tradition Mr. Know-it-All.

16. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

But you sure seem to think it is okay to be everyone else's judge if they aren't keeping the commandments. Hell for you! That sounds like you are judging to me.

Revelation 21:3

And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,

That should be pretty clear that God is going to dwell among men and not the other way around.

In case that isn't quite enough God has promised the nation of Israel a physical kingdom and physical land. If that doesn't happen (which it will) then God is a liar, of which HE IS NOT.

If that isn't enough go back to the first chapter of Genesis where God created man. Why did God create man? To have dominion over the earth. God hasn't changed His mind about our purpose, so therefore man will reside on earth.

So go back to Revelation. Where will God spend eternity? Earth.

17. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

J.J.,

Quit reading and listening what Joey Faust saying. Please back to God's Word, and listen an old fashion gospel what the Bible actual saying. Please sticky what God's Word say, and follow it.

In Christ

18. gekko

gekko New Member

on a new earth. and there'll be a new heaven.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

JJ; Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father. Read the Scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life.

Where did He say it was physical?

He that overcometh will I write upon him the name of the city of my God, that Holy City, New Jerusalem.
    Foundations 12 and the names of the 12 Apostles of the Lamb, and 12 gates of pearl and the names of the Twelve tribes of Israel. No need of the light of the sun for God and the Lamb are the light of that city.

20. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

J.J.,

I have a good question for you. Does Revelation chapter 20 actual saying anything about new heavens and a new earth.

What about Isaiah 65:17-20 mentioned about new heavens and a new earth? Does that passage speak of temporary?

What about 2 Peter 3:10-13? Does Apostle Peter actual saying that new heavens and a new earth will be a temporary?

Sorry, I already off the track. But, I am trying to telling you about 'kingdom', because Bro. Bob and I both did discuss with you of Rev. 21:7-8; and Gal. 5:19-21, and you do not believe these passages are speak of everlasting punishment.

That why, I have to bring up discuss on kingsom with you relate with our future destiny, where we all shall spend after our death, which are relate with salvation issue.

In Christ