1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What happens in Heaven, Stays There?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by righteousdude2, Dec 12, 2007.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From a theological and philosophical point of view, I tend to believe "that whatever happens in Heaven, remains in Heaven!" So what say you?

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Let's hear more of what you mean. Typically that saying refers to private acts, usually of a shameful sort, that the protagonist does not want exposed anywhere. We are not assuming that sin keeps on happening in heaven, are we?

In fact, what do we think is happening in heaven? Harp-twanging lessons? Cloud-flying exhibitions? To be serious, other than praising in the Presence, which is referred to in Scripture, can we posit anything about "happenings" on the other side?

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Righteousdude,
    Not true we know some things that have happened in heaven. Like Satans pride and it being discovered along with his being cast down to earth. a Third of all the angles fell from heaven. There is a temple like the Jews had on earth in heaven. We know Christ is preparing a place for us there. We know God is there and His son sits at His right hand. We know about the altar there and lampstands which of course suggest the presence of the temple. We know there are beast there before the altar and elders and martyrs. Not all that is in heaven is a secret. If we study scripture we find there is a lot about heaven in the scriptures.
    MB

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If this were true...where did John get the material to pen Revelation? Also, how would we know about the exchange that took place between satan and God in regards to Job? ;)

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry....

I was trying to be light-hearted :laugh: . Hopefully, what happens in heaven [with the exception of a few selected folks like the Apostle John] will stay in heaven, and only those getting to heaven will know how wonderful, peaceful, and eternal heaven really will be.

Thus, it is worth every sacrifice we make on earth in order to live a Holy life and follow Him, just to get there and bask in the SONlight. A lot of folks, still living, would be moving in a new and different direction if only their loved ones [who have entered "glory"] could come back and tell them just how wonderful heaven is. But, this is where faith plays a very important part in our walk with Him [Hebrews 11:1-2].

My comment had nothing to do with sin on earth. And for sure, I don't believe there will be any form of sin in glory, just like there will be no more death, sickness, doctrines, denominations, hate, racism, arguing, gossip, back stabbing, etc.

Looking forward to getting there [how 'bout you all?], and I believe those who get there NEVER look back! What say you?

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

#5 righteousdude2, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  6. Tama

Tama New Member

Are you saying Las Vegas is heaven?

:laugh:

7. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

I'll "bet" that is not what he was saying. :laugh:

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

9. Tama

Tama New Member

What are the "odds" of that?
    :laugh:

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is Las Vegas/North

I guess you could say that heaven could be like Las Vegas. Full of supernatural glitz and eternal glory and angelic glamor, but there will be NO slots, roulette wheels, or other gambling apparatus. I can say this because, I;m sure what ever He has gone to prepare for us will be the greatest of great! I always tell people that He has gone to prepare for us our very personal condominiums. Condo's built around lush brush and streets paved with Gold. And NO, I have no Scripture to back up my view of heaven.

I base my view of heaven solely upon my belief that whatever God has proposed :godisgood: for each of us will be far better than anything we could ever imagine. So, Tama, if you want it to be Vegas, Vegas it will be!.....I want it to be like Disneyland, so Disneyland it will be, only without lines, because the Word tells us that the road to heaven is narrow, NOT wide.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

#10 righteousdude2, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007