1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Happens to the Souls of the Well Meaning Churchgoers?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Yes, but I would have to be God to do that, wouldn't I? But you did say that I said I would not save men if I could and that was a blatant lie. You just aren't able to help yourself, it seems to me.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i must apologize to you about you saying no to that--figured out that im posting to the wrong guy about that--Mont was the one who said that--so my apologies to you friend on that quote:)

When posting to 4-5 different threads and people and your tired -sometimes you get the wrong person for the wrong quote :)

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

What happened to love? LOL! You might ask yourself that question.

What I defend is his and anyone else's right to post without being subjected to insults, attacks, hostility, and general nastiness.

I am for letting everyone voice their opinion, back it up with objective evidence, and let the reader decide. That is in line with the Baptist principle of freedom.

4. Bronconagurski

Ok, that makes sense to me and I accept your apology. Since I am not holy nor omniscient, I do not know what I would do I were God. I do know that I am glad God did not answer some of my prayers the way I wanted Him to, as His omniscience knew what was best. Look, I don't like some of the doctrines you believe, but I realize that you are God's creation and I must love you. I believe you have been deceived, so I am showing you tough love to try and get you to see that. Maybe you think the same about me, I don't know. I just want to go on the record to say that I do not hate you, nor have anything against you personally. I will back down on my tough love as it has not worked anyway. That doesn't mean I will not oppose anything concerning God's word that I deem to be in error. I know there are plenty of things we can agree to disagree about, it's just that the doctrine of Hell and the doctrine of Salvation aren't negotiable to me. Since I truly believe that some will spend eternity in hell, then it is unconscionable to me not to sound the warning when some say that is not true.

5. Bronconagurski

You have a right to your opinion but it is really none of your business. I know my reasons and what is in my heart. You have been here two days and already are the expert on board etiquette. Fine. I will continue to do what I believe is right, nor do I have to explain myself to you. If a moderator tells me I went over the line, I will accept that. Until then, get that beam out of your eye first.

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Brother i know what you are trying to tell me--i have been in all those things before :) maybe you are still trapped in the confines of tradition like i once was ? it is a possibility ?

7. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

It is my business because you made it my business.

Expert on board etiquette? Hardly. But I recognize improper words when addressed to a brother.

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

His Witness...

Dont feel like the Lone Ranger. I have done the exact same thing. :wavey:

9. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I commend you for this response.

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

yea hehe trying to type to 4 different threads and 5 different people sometimes get overloaded when your about to fall asleep at the keyboard :)

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe this will help:

http://youtu.be/vfs0wz8nEPU

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AoG yes, for they preach/teach the true Gospel, but WoF does not teach/preach same Jesus, different jesus different gospel!

14. Bronconagurski

No, because I have been saved for 30 years and the first thing my Pastor told me was to be like the Bereans and study out anything he or anyone else taught or preached. I have been doing that for 30 years and my opinions on some things have changed. My views on hell and salvation have never wavered and are built upon the scriptures. I believe God said what He meant, and meant what he said about the perseverance of the saints, and about eternal punishment in hell. God is a God of love, and he is a God of judgement. The cross demonstrates both: God's love for the sinner, but God's hatred of sin. You can't build a doctrine, like I think you have, on just one of God's attributes. But if you have to pick on attribute of God that is the most important, it is that of Holiness. God is holy, thus He must punish sin. He did that at Calvary for those who believe, but for those who do not, they will die in their sins and suffer the punishment in their own soul and body for eternity.

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

So just because you have been studing for 30 years makes you 100% correct in all your teachings ? have you arrived ?

16. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is Holy, and he MUST punish ANY sin in His creation, for He must uphold His rightious standards!

The cross is where His mercy/love/grace/Holiness all came together...

hell is eternal, as is heaven, for Hiow just would God be if a Child murderer gots burnt up, with hitler, all got the same judgement?

jesus mentioned that their will be varying degrees of judgenet rendered to sinners by God in perfect judgement, IF all get'smoked", how would they have different degrees of punishment?

And how would satan get off scott free, if God just blasts him away in the end?

18. Bronconagurski

I have when it comes to the doctrines of hell and salvation. After you have studied them 30 years come back and we'll talk. I alreay said that I changed my opinions on some things, if you read carefully. I will not on this one. Man did not give me my beliefs, but the Holy Spirit. Opinions change, but the word of God is eternal. Oh, I'm sorry, I know you do not like the e word.

19. Bronconagurski

Exactly. Agree 100 percent on degrees of punishment, just like there will be degrees of reward at the Bema Seat.

Luke 10:13-16 (KJV)
    13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
    14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.
    15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
    16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

20. Bronconagurski

Thanks for the assistance. [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too quick to thank him. He forgot to tell you that you are Eerkel in that parody.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs: