1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Has God Done For You This Week?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Aug 2, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I needed to share this fabulous blessing, and I pray some of you have testimonies to share too!

THE FAVOR OF GOD IN ACTION!!!

God's FAVOR is so awesome and always unexpected! On Monday, I opened the mail and found a tax bill for the new mobile home telling me we owed $1,055.00. My first thought was, WOW! And the second thought was, God, where will we get that kind of money?

Well, we called the man we bought the home from and by Tuesday, he had contacted the Riverside county tax office, and discovered that they had made an [whopping] error by figuring in dollar amounts over the years of 2009 through 2012.

The favor of God followed this man's words of explanation: You don't owe anything, and the Tax Office will send you a new bill in November for the new year. Amount of bill will be around $200.00.

Please join me in praising God for His unconditional favor in all areas of our life, and yours. And if you are not claiming that favor, start claiming His unconditional favor and thanking Him for it when ever it comes, even in finding a parking space that is closer than t you thought when you puled into the filled parking lot.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

If we look, we can see His favor every day in both large and small ways.

Last week. Better half's cell phone was dropped and run over by a car. Replacement was $311. (No insurance on the phone.) About 2 hours before that happened I received a check for $300 for some work I'd done.

My clunker of a car was on it's last legs. At 22 years old, smoking, no ac, etc. it wasn't worth spending any more money on it. I'd drive it until it stopped running. Drove it home and noticed the fan wouldn't work. Thought blown fuse, but got home OK. Long story short, a rollback picked it up yesterday. Sold for parts. Once I got it home, it didn't crank again. Major problems. The Lord made sure I got home before that car died in the driveway.

Yesterday, I was doing some work for a friend at his pool house, while he's out of town. He told his neighbors they could use the pool anytime they liked. Ever try to work with a bunch of screaming kids playing in a pool? Work with a constant stream of "what ya doing?". Early afternoon I sure wished the Lord would send a little rain our way to clear the pool. Not a cloud in the sky, BTW. Wasn't long before the sky darkened, thunder rolled, and the pool cleared. Peace and quiet for the rest of the afternoon.

Thank you for sharing one of your blessings. Thank you for the opportunity to share mine. And, for the reminder to be thankful for them, be they large or small.