1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What has happened to Christians?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Aug 21, 2021.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday, on Facebook, I saw the following from a man that I know attends church with his wife and now-graduated son.

He was in the store, he claimed, and was in the check-out line behind a young man who appeared to be gay or transgender and living as a woman. He took photos of the young man. He wore skinny jeans, tennis shoes, a woman's blouse, ponytail, and had his nails done.

He took one picture from the back and two from the side. He did not have the young person's permission. He bragged on that.

He claimed that he had this conversation:

"Christian" man: "Hey, do you identify as a guy or a girl?"

Young person: "A girl."'

"Christian" man: "Have you had your @@@@@ cut off yet?"

Yoiung person: "No, I'm keeping that."

He posted the pictures on Facebook, posted the conversation, and laughed and laughed. SCORES of people joined in the mockery with very nasty comments and jokes. I know some of those people laughing and some of them attend church.

Here's my burden. How can someone who claims to be a Christians behave this way towards another human being instead of being burdened for their immortal souls?

I would think a better conversation would have been about Jesus Christ or inviting him to church.

I see things like this all over social media from people who wear the "Christian" badge and boast of their own piety.

It makes me sick. It's on the BB, too. It's everywhere.

Why are Christians so full of hate and boast of that hate claiming their "Biblical" right to it?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sad, but I see it more and more often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Short answer; Christians are sinners too. They exists in all different levels of maturity. Perhaps someday he will feel the conviction of Holy Spirit for this act and repent.

When I was in seminary, I came into a classroom where several younger students (I was in my late 30’s) were deep in conversation about a female student’s anatomy.

I was shocked it was occurring among professing Christians in a seminary class and confronted them saying, “wow guys, that’s just inappropriate”

One responded, “God never said I couldn’t look as long as I don’t touch”. I responded that Jesus actually addressed that very question of looking (lusting), but to no avail. They simply ignored me.

These young men were studying to be pastors or youth leaders or missionaries and there was very little difference between their mentality and what you would find in a secular classroom.

Very sad if there is no difference between Christians and the world.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The underline problem, it seems to me, is selfrightousness. The Law teaches two main things, to love God with all one's being and to love our neighbor as one would love one's self. This latter truth, one loved one's self to receive Christ as one Savior.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politics is what has happened to Christians. We have become, as a whole, lukewarm (at best), concerned more about the World than the Kingdom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every time I start to write something, I delete it.

I don't understand a lot. The more I know, the more I know that I do not know. I become more and more childlike as I interact with God and try to understand Him and the world that He made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dunno, but I see plenty of that right here on this forum ( which I see you have already identified ) when it comes to certain subjects...
    People who name the name of Christ, trying to find ways around obeying the Lord's commands regarding our personal conduct as believers, and even justifying their bad behavior towards other people.

To me it gives occasion to the Lord's enemies to insult Him, because those who claim to be His are not walking as they should.

That's why I figure they're either not who they claim to be, or they need to be reminded from the Scriptures of what being a Christian involves;
    and that's if they are even willing to take Biblical correction in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Scarlett O.
    But, as a life-long hypocrite myself, I find that it's best not to even try to correct someone until I get my own house in order...
    and most importantly, to do my level best to do it lovingly and as gently as possible if I even come close to trying.

That's why outside of forums like these,
    I simply limit my interactions with professing believers to things that don't generate controversy, avoid being condescending, or that don't invite a backlash that I hadn't intended.

I figure it's safer to deal with the inevitable accusations of self-righteousness and even heresy on a forum,
    than it is to deal with them in person where they know my name, my face and even my home address....and risk damage to my car, my house or even my person.;)

Be careful out there...
    it's not the same world that it was 40 years ago ( or even 20 years ago ), and Christians aren't the same people today that they were then, either.:(

#8 Dave G, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we would consider others more and ourselves less!... I've experienced a lot, in the 75 years the LORD has allotted me!... I still remember the comments from one minister, do you know how to spell JOY?... JESUS first, others second and yourself last or JESUS first, yourself last and NOTHING in between... Brother Glen:)

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That "guy" and his ilk have declared war on my children. To destroy, seduce and have their "way" with my kids. I don't give any quarter to Satan when it comes to my family and neither does God when it comes to His family.

That is the only group that I absolutely hate.

And I want to make a distinction here between the openly flamboyant ones and the ones who are of that bent, but are not attempting to push it onto my children. I openly do business with the latter, I talk to them respectfully as equals, I support their endeavors in the hopes of exposing them to the Gospel. I have neighbors who are of that bent and I take my family to their farm every year to support their business.

However, for those in the group that think it's funny to sing about "We'll convert your children", I am at total spiritual war with them at this point in their ideology. And I will openly call them and their ideology all kinds of stuff in public.

This is not a "self-righteousness" thing. I am no better than them, it is Christ who imputes value on me. It is a Papa-bear, "people coming for my children to violate and destroy them" kind of thing. And I wouldn't have been this vehement about it even 5 years ago.

#10 Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1