1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What has your wife done to make you a better man of God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 30, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I married my wife, 36 years ago, I was coming off two very bad marriages. And I had been hurt, more deeply then I realized at the time. For sure, I was not looking for anything spiritually in this third marriage, mainly because I had lost any hope of a long term relationship, or EVER again returning to the ministry!

Yet God, somehow used this person to begin my spiritual healing, and He used her curiosity in my having been a pastor to ask the kind of questions that sent me prayerfully digging for answers to her own questions about who God was; what it took to be born again and why I left the ministry and what it was that I was running from when it came to women and God.

Truly He sicced the hound of heaven on me in the person of my wife, and it was through His wanting to restore my faith in Him, as well in the institution of a covenant relationship in marriage, that eventually saw my wife come to Jesus at a Teen Challenge concert. I took her to the concert, against my better judgement, only because she liked the artist, not realizing he was a born again believer. At the concert he shared Jesus, and had an altar call, and she went forward.

This woman became, over time, more than a friend, a spouse, or a helpmate; the truth is she grew into an awesome woman of God. She did something for me that the previous ladies never did, and that is SUPPORT me in the ministry, never complaining about poor pay, long hours, and you pastors know the rest that a good wife sacrifices when their husband leads a congregation.

So, tell me, what has your woman of God done to make you a better man of God?

http://www.openbible.info/topics/being_a_good_wife

2. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

I am glad that you found such a wonderful woman to stand at your side. You are blessed to have her in your life as she is blessed to have you. You make a great team. God is good. You may have had others in your past that didn't work out but that was the path God had you follow to get to each other. I hope you have many, many years together. God Bless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    rd2, I have no ministry of any kind. I guess it's because I have very little tolerance for all the nonsense and drama from those with inflated ego's.

In the meantime I've come to realize that some of us humans..., no matter the alphabet soup designations behind our names realize perhaps one sixty fourth of minus one percent of what's really going on in our world.

Just consider for a moment this constant war between Good and evil. That war that's been going on since the beginning of time for our souls. Of course, our Lord will be and is, victorious, but we don't have a clue what all is involved. Just consider the infinity of space. There's no end to it and who in mortal form can even begin to explain that endlessness and wonder?

Granny and I have been married for 50 years this past August 14th. The Lord has blessed me with her in that of all the women I've ever met in my entire life I can not identify a single woman that matches my wife and for sure, it has taken "both" of us to have made it as far as we have. If it wasn't for her I'd be in a mess. If it wasn't for the Lord calling me for salvation I could be in prison some where. If it wasn't for our Lord bringing us together we could have both ended up with deadbeats.

A man needs a good wife and vice-versa. There are some men out there that deserve no backing what-so-ever due to their foolishness. I feel sorry for their wives. Then, there are men out there who honor and respect their wives and she responds accordingly. Good for the two of them as for sure, marriages are made in Heaven.

Praise the Lord for honorable women for their worth is more precious than gold and silver.

• Like Like x 1