1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What heaven will really be like--why sinners would hate it.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by vaspers, Feb 19, 2004.

1. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Several ideas converged in my mind and led to the conclusion that Christ-rejecters, confirmed sinners who mock and avoid God, send themselves to hell, and would not enjoy Heaven anyway. They want to be where they can lie, hate, hurt, kill, steal, rape, intoxicate, fornicate, feel superior, be hypocritical, super-critical, angry, jealous, melancholy, doubtful, etc. whatever they like best. They crave these things maniacally. So they'd hate Heaven with its peace, gentleness, love, joy, purity, truth, integrity, etc. See BEYOND THE COSMOS by Hugh Ross, (NavPress)page 210: "An individual who knowingly refused to worship God during this earthly life will never change his or her mind. Heaven's price, worshiping God and God alone, this person would never willingly pay [I don't agree with "pay" but read on...]. This person does not want to be in God's presence, and, thus, would find heaven repugnant...They may regret their eternal plight, but not their rebellion." Then recall Bruce Wilkinson (Life God Rewards) and Erwin Lutzer's (Tears In Heaven) separate but similar ideas that heaven will not be a Communism Equality Paradise, but different for each person according to their rewards achieved here on earth. some will get in but not have much responsibility or jurisdiction, some will bitterly regret not doing more for the Lord while on earth. Any response? I'm quite amazed at these concepts & consider them solidly Biblical.

2. Tim

Tim New Member

Eternal bitter regret in heaven?
    Doesn't sound like heaven to me.

Instead it sounds like too much emphasis on position, rewards, etc, not enough on dwelling in God's house with Him.

Tim

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The unrepentant's "response" to the Glory of Heaven???

"So pure, so holy, so just, so light, so peace, so clean, so spotless that . . . that . . . that . . . I . . . I . . . don't deserve such a place! My unrepent soul would tarnish it! I don't deserve it!!" I don't think its the idea that they will "hate" Heaven---but rather the idea conveyed by the Rich Young Ruler when he refused to repent and recieve Jesus as Savior and Lord---"He went away sorrowful!"

Brother David

4. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Thanks for your comments. I want to learn from other Christians. Okay...Too much emphasis on rewards? Yet that theme is repeated in NT by Jesus and Paul, and mentioned many times in OT: judgement and reward. But no, not eternal bitter regret, just a hierarchy in heaven based on what you did for Jesus here on earth. Some may be janitors, other interstellar explorers, for example (I'm speaking symbolically). This reward concept is given to us in the Word of God to motivate us to not be lazy pew potatoes, to let our light shine, to bring forth good works to show our salvation is real.

5. sandrocksam

sandrocksam New Member

I believe heaven is going to be a really nice place and I look forward to it, still go to my doctor though, we do accumulate treasures and rewards in heaven and Jesus said we will have a mansion. As for the main body of your post concerning those who will not be making that trip,it is all about choices. I can still recall that point of decision in my life when I resisted the Holy Spirit but I did make my choice. Praise God !!