1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if Obama Were A "Sleeper Cell" Candidate?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 30, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following is from my blog: http://prodigalpastorlogs.removethehaze.com. I don't wish to offend anyone, and this is definitely not a hill I am willing to "die" on. I am simply sharing a thought with you folks that comes deep from my within my spirit. I am honestly interested in your comments in regard to my concerns. In other words, convince me that I have nothing to "worry" about.

Barack Hussein Obama: The Sleeper Cell Candidate?

What do I know, and does my limited knowledge even matter in a world of opinions? In fact, the truth is, what I believe about Barack Hussein Obama is totally from the "gut level" also known as intuition...and that has to be worth something, doesn't it? He seems to be a very good man. He appears sincere, and has the ability to rally the masses behind him when he speaks.

I want to start this article out with letting the reader know that I am not against having a black president. In fact, it is long over due, our nation having a black president, that is! I would not have a problem with Obama had he not changed his birth name of "Barry" to Barack Hussein. That is where the spiritual "red flags" started waving wildly.

Still, there is something in his "name" that causes my soul to shudder. I don't believe him when he says he's a Christian. This is an easy one to support, because the truth is there are a whole lot of people who claim to be Christians, and they don't base their belief on anything other than their going to a church, or being a member of a mainstream church.

The Bible says we must be born again, and that is something Obama has not confirmed publicly. However, even if he did profess to have been born again and water baptized, I'd still question his choice to keep his Muslim name. This is an act of pride. Pride in his Muslim name. Pride associated with belonging to the Muslim religion, not in being a Christian.

Obama, if he is a "closet Muslim" should have the courage and "guts" to just admit his affiliation with the Muslim religion; that, in itslef shouldn't hurt his chances to win the seat of President. But, his claims to be a Christian, while he maintains a Muslim name, appears to me to be a big contradiction that needs to be addressed should he be the Democratic candidate for president.

I can't help but think this man is hiding something, and that thing that he is hiding is what causes me spirit to be uneasy whenever I see him on television, or read about him in the paper.

Again, I am only sharing my gut level concerns. I'd hold these same feelings if Obama was white, brown, or yellow. His race has nothing to do with what I believe. I just don't believe this man is a Christian. I believe he is a Muslim, and his hiding this makes me wonder what else he may be hiding from the public.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

#1 righteousdude2, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2008
  2. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

My answer to the title of this thread is "No."

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know you're just asking a question man and I'm not slamming you but this is sad question.

The man says he follows Christ and has proclaimed that he is a Christian. We are not qualified to question that commitment. This question makes me sad. What in the world are we becoming as evangelicals? Using spirituality to slam someone we don't agree with.

Seriously we are better than this. Barak Obama isn't the enemy. Hillary Clinton isn't the enemy.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A few things for your gut to consider

1. Barack was his birth name. Barry was a nickname.
    2. Barack is an african form of Baraka meaning "blessed" and Hussein means "good looking". Both are arabic names and not necessarily Muslim names. Yes, his father was a Muslim. Arabic Christians in the middle east probably have very similar names.
    3. The following is Obama's reponse to questions about his Christianity and specifically the title "born again" which he does not specifically address.

#4 Gold Dragon, Jan 30, 2008
  5. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

I don't think it matters what his name is, I don't think our country is ready to vote for a black president.

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ahh, now I understand more and find it distateful at best, unchristian at worst.

What if Mitt is a sleeper candidate for the Mormons to take over the world.

What if McCain is a sleeper candidate for the western states to pull control of America from the liberal east?

What if... :BangHead:

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You have nothing to worry about... God is in control. :)

Jamie

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Are you serious?!?

Jamie

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What you're really asking is what if he's a "closet Moslem." Right. Personally, I don't care. Religion is not the only the most important criterion by which I choose a President. Just look at Bush. Case closed.

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

It never ceases to amaze me the things that are posted on the BB. (Not just from you RD2...)

I could probably tell you a thing or two about what your "gut" feeling really means, but why bother? Besides I seriously doubt you are looking for someone to "convince you otherwise". You are really looking for validation. If Obama was a conservative or a republican I doubt there would be half as much tripe over his family origin and religion. Unless of course it was coming from Baptists....:rolleyes:

BTW, which is it? Is he a "closet muslim/sleeper cell member", or is he "racist"? :tear:

11. belvedere

belvedere Member

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I like these questions. We must take our stance on the Scriptures. No Obama for me. I'm sorry.

#12 TCGreek, Jan 30, 2008
  13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't remember where I read it, but I have read or heard that the Muslims said that they would end up destroying the US from within, like Rome. If Barrack is a "cell", it sure would be a good place for them to start.

Here is part of it:

Family Security Matters has a disturbing look at an 18 page book written by the Muslim Brotherhood. It was introduced as evidence in a trial and details a plan to take over America from the inside:
    This “explanatory memorandum,” as it’s titled, outlines the “strategic goal” for the North American operation of the extremist Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan). Here’s the key paragraph:
    [​IMG] The process of settlement of Islam in the United States is a “Civilization-Jihadist” process with all the word means. The Ikhwan must understand that all their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and “sabotaging” their miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all religions. Without this level of understanding, we are not up to this challenge and have not prepared ourselves for Jihad yet. It is a Muslim’s destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who choose to slack.

The entire 18-page platform outlines a plan for the long haul. It prescribes the Muslim Brotherhood’s comprehensive plan to set down roots in civil society. It begins by both founding and taking control of American Muslim organizations, for the sake of unifying and educating the U.S. Muslim community – this to prepare it for the establishment of a global Islamic state governed by Sharia.

Also worth noting:
    According to a 2004 Chicago Tribune investigation, establishing the Brotherhood in the United States has been a 40-year project that has worked mostly underground – even beneath the notice of many Muslims. Richard Clarke, the former top U.S. national security official, told the Senate in 2003 that the Muslim Brotherhood is the common thread linking terrorist fundraising schemes in the United States – which likely explains why so many mainstream American Muslim organizations were named by the feds as “unindicted co-conspirators” in the HLF trial.
    Is this just alarmist paranoia? Not at all.

The refusal of Muslims to carry dogs or alcohol in taxis is an example of this type of “jihad.” So is the publicly funded installation of foot baths in university bathrooms. Muslims working for Target refuse to even handle pepperoni pizza because of the swine content. And, let’s not forget the suing of “John Does” when they turn in suspicious activity.
    Are we being attacked with our own tact, consideration and political correctness? I think so. And it is a very sound strategy.

BBob,

#13 Brother Bob, Jan 30, 2008
  14. jakers

jakers New Member

Wow.

His birthname was never "Barry". His dad is Barack Obama, Sr. He's not "keeping his Muslim name", he's keeping his REAL name. His family name.

There are plenty (IMO) of reasons to not vote for Obama. Moslem paranoia isn't one of them.

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Good ifs! And "May I say!", well asked.

There is not one particle of 'evidence' to support the OP question.

Am I a fan or supporter of Barak Obama? Absolutely not! But that opposition comes from my own dislike of 'liberal positions, alternatives, and aims', in a free society.

I am perfectly ready for a President of the United States who is a woman; I am perfectly ready for a President of the United States of a somewhat different racial heritage than I have; I am perfectly ready for a President of the United States of a somewhat different ethnicity than mine; I am perfectly ready for a President of the United States who is from a different 'church' background than mine; I am perfectly ready for a President of the United States who differs with me on several other things;

I am not ready for a President of the United States that is elected because of some vague and undefined "maybe he or she is..." for the part of another, even if my preferred candidate is the one who benefits from the innuendos and slander.

There are more than enough legitimate issues and differences from one to another, without concocting something up for "mud-slinging".

Enough with the sort of garbage, as the OP "What if"? already!

Ed

16. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

I've actually gotten that same thing in an email. I dont really care because Im not voting for him either way. Im actually pretty discusted at nearly all the choices for president this time.

#16 DonnaMartinez, Jan 30, 2008
  17. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Ignorance, fear, and racism raise their ugly heads once again among this august group of Christians.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Can you assure us all that not any of it is true at all, and what is your assurance. He, after all does have a Muslim father, and was raised as a muslim part of his life. I do not know, but I sure not going to stick my head in the sand either.

BBob,

19. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

So far Obama has not soiled his rhetoric with muslim slogans or any such.

But I see where BBob is coming from.

20. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Obama is a muslim jihadist "sleeper" ,well ,now, God is in control, and He knows what He is doing. We may be surprised, but He never is.
    If Mitt Romney is a Mormon "sleeper", well, now, God is in control, and He knows what He is doing. We may be surprised, but He never is.
    If Rudy Giuliani is a Mafia "sleeper", well, now, God is in control, and He knows what He is doing. We may be surprised, but He never is.
    If John Mc'Cain is a racist "sleeper", well, now, God is in control, and He knows what He is doing. We may be surprised, but He never is.

If they dissect the "Holy" Land in halves, and quarter Jerusalem, well, now, God is in control, and He knows what He is doing. We may be surprised, but He never is.

Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart, and LEAN NOT unto thy own understanding........,