1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if your pastor was absent alot?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salamander, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What does that mean? And how do you know?

It seems that there are an awful lot of assertions being made without any evidence to back it up. That's probably not a good thing to do.

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Hindsight being 20/20 will have to do in this situation; the pastor has been "cleared" by the head deacon to be "absent" to preach a meeting once a month. Although he has only this clearance to be absent from a midweek meeting, he does go and preach other meetings being sure he doesn't miss the Wednesday night service preaching on Sat, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, nights.:rolleyes:

When he is absent, and there are quite a few of us other preachers available, he only lets the AP fill. This hasn't been too wonderful a time. Although the pastor's presence is duely noticable, the AP seems to "have it in" for the flock to "fleece" them. I view this as arrogance and uncaring on his behalf. I do know this pastor will be accountable to the Lord for allowing this to continue.:praying:

Nepotism? If we could do away with this amongst our churches REVIVAL would be the result!:godisgood:

I do believe too many pastors have men in thier pulpit who either won't preach or who are famous for their performances.

3. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

In this situation I think the real problem is that it seems the deacons are running the church and the "head deacon" (can't find the scripture for this one) seems to have final say in this church.