1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if you're a christian and still don't like people?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

xdx, you're talking about mental limitations, not how God thinks about you, or the status of your relationship to him. Let me encourage you to get in contact with a Christian who is also a medical doctor. Your mind races along, at times nearly out of control. Somehow you've got to arrest that. I don't suggest a visit with Benny Hinn or Reinhard Bunke, but I do suggest a visit with a medical professional. That will be part of getting these "dark" things you mention under control.

We've talked some here about the old man, the natural man, the sinful nature, which can be summed up as "mind". If you can get it under control, I think your spirit will blossom. I believe that once you have calmed down, you'll read scripture and not only rightly interpret it, you'll love it.

That's my prayer for you, today and every day.

:saint:

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

A doctor? You mean that I should take antidepressants?

3. Raindrop

Raindrop New Member

Xdisciplex, there are a lot of things that can cause this situation. People who are highly intelligent and/or creative can have this problem. People who have been seriously neglected or abused can feel this way.

One thing that helps me is Ephesians 1:6 where it says we are "accepted in the beloved." This "accepted," Strong's 5487, is also translated "indued with special honor" or "highly favored." It's a verb form of the noun that means grace. Anyway, as a believer you're already accepted by God, and in time you will find true acceptance by Christians and for Christians.

Also, I John 1 explains that our real fellowship with the Father and the Son, and fellowship with other people comes out of that.

Best wishes, Mary

Mike, I enjoyed your comments.

#43 Raindrop, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006