1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What if....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Centrist, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was thinking about this idea earlier, and I figured I'd ask you guys about this.

Let us imagine, Trump is elected for a second term. Then one day he has a public conference and he discloses that us, humans, are in "first contact" with an extra-terrestrial craft. The occupants are bi-ped like us, but they look different. It's verified they are not human.

What is your reaction, how would you feel about them coming here, and how do you feel religion applies? Like are they angels or demons or neither?

What are your thoughts?

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does it have to do with Trump? Why is he in the scenario?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's all part of it.

4. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say impossible. God is not an alien to begin with. No aliens ever in the Bible, except the early church used the term about themselves in this world. I think Trump may need to talk to those less apostate, but I doubt you were referring to first contact with a true believer.

Satan has to wait now, nothing up his sleeve at the moment. Will there even he an election, and not because of aliens? Will God change things up before an election can happen?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would cause me a lot of problems with my faith. I read nothing in Genesis chapter 1 that the rest of the universe was meant for intelligent life, but to be for the earth as differentiating night from day.

6. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a foolish scenario. The vision of aliens as high tech star people different in form but similar in mind is unbiblical. Some good books on this I am told, but haven't read the series, are CS Lewis' Space Trilogy.

Other kinds than mankind may exist among the stars, but they are either unfallen or if fallen have their own history of interaction with God as Creator and their own rebellion.

I personally believe the angels are alien enough. We read of angels like the Cherubim in Ezekiel that are so utterly alien, it is beyond Hollywood's ken to depict them.

Entire races of different lifeforms already exist, they are called angels and are God's children with spiritual power beyond our understanding. We will be like them one day at the resurrection. That to me, is too much to wrap my head around already.

7. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In this scenario the facts, for the scenario, are stated, thus NOT impossible. Trump is part of the scene as, under such a scenario, he would be the person to present it to the people. If would not be the Pope, Smokey the Bear, or the Hamburglar.

No, it is not. If you feel it is, then don't reply to it. It is a scenario for discussion, a simple "what if". If you want to attack it, then don't bother please.

Maybe....

Maybe....

Like I already said, it's a scenario, not real life. The facts are facts as presented, but again, for the scenario only. So in this if I said Darth Vader said "peek a boo", he said peek a boo. Look at the group this is in. "Other discussions". If you want to debate scripture, there are places for that. This is for entertainment.

Additional facts for the scenario.... the ship has a total compliment of 445. 200 males, 215 females, 30 "children" of unknown age/Earth comparison. No Earth comparison for age is available yet....

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do these aliens live in volcanos?

peace to you

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, space travel is impossible simply because of the vast distances between star systems.

If we could travel the speed of light, and we aren’t even close to traveling 1/100th the speed of light, it would take about 5 years one way to the next system.

That’s five years in a closed system, no re-supplies, no refueling, no gravity (which would destroy a human body).

Sorry, no aliens.

10. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Impossible facts make for an impossible conversation. You can make everything up as you go. Since this is a scenario where everything is possible, why did you rule out anything? Seems like impossible can still be a part of an impossible scenario. Would not the impossible scenario be that Trump was just lying?

11. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

stop thinking with a mind cursed by the fall of Adam.

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are more facts, though not all are known beyond a certain few.

The aliens aren't human according to a Fauci associated lab in Communist China, but in fact are Communist Chinese transhuman agents developed through CRISPR tech, which included mutation via an earlier version of the Wuhan bat virus, to which they happen to be immune. All research data has been strictly classified and made unavailable.

Their alien vessel is purportedly secluded in mainland China, but all access to it has been denied as well. Trump has been given the honor of introducing this contingent of aliens, because that fits the egocentric arrogance of the American mindset, and plays right into the hands of the Communist Chinese conspiracy for world domination.

It makes me feel like it's all "business as usual." I'm just glad they didn't manage to make one of them Biden's VP and get Biden elected president. I'm still not hopeful how this will all turn out, however, given the performance of American security agencies. Too much still seems compromised.

13. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting question.
    I notice that the 2011 NIV removed the 73 references to aliens that were in the 1984 version. Should we read anything into this? What do they know that we don't?
    There are those who see the possibility of aliens in the references to 'principalities and powers' in some of Paul's letters. I think I will wait until such beings actually show up, and see what their religious experiences have been before I develop an inter-galactic theology.

However, I think I have more chance of surprising the Tooth Fairy retrieving my grandson's milk teeth than I have of meeting an alien. ;)

14. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    THINKING WITH A DECEIVED & DEPRAVED Lucubration of ENMITY.

T.W.A.D.D.L.E.

Some adults twaddle exclusively.

Twaddle-brained.

They have Twaddle on the brain.

Imagine an adult using the word, 'Twaddle'.

15. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is Free Imagination, or imagination free.

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if ..... while announcing the aliens Pr:s Tr:mp hair suddenly comes alive and turns out to be one of the aliens?

peace to you

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like "What ifs" - but there are no aliens.

So this would totally be untrue.'

18. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No.

19. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, it's part of a lesson I learned in college in dealing with social media. And you guys flunked big time.
    I see the answer when I ask simple Bible related questions, and the questions are not simple enough. Ask question that needs some imagination to answer, and instead you fall back on the alleged foundation of your group, the Bible.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be like asking a pro-abortion group ---- what if the baby (conceived 3 days ago) was a person...
    their answer- but it is not a person.......