1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What IS a baptist???

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bartholomew, May 14, 2004.

1. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

Why not?

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, I think it would be presumptuous to call a group Baptists who choose to not identify themselves in this way. Second, I believe Brethren have a distinct history apart from Baptists.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ronald:

I suggest (and no disrespect here), that you study why there are Primitive Baptists, and you can begin with THE BLACK ROCK ADDRESS if you have not already done so.

For what Primitive Baptists believe you can also begin with the same web page by clicking on a link that will bring you to the home page. A simple search on the web will bring you to a lot of Primitive Baptist links.

Now, just like other Baptist churches we have our share of the extremes, like the No-hellers, who believe that eventually all men will be saved, and the absoluters, who believe that everything was predestinated by God.