1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is a definition of "neo-conservativism"?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by LRL71, Nov 20, 2004.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you keep attacking me? Peroutka is the one that said that the war is illegal just to please you hippies. That is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Who is fearful of the CP--I laugh at them from top to bottom.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

C4K a rich hippie??

Can't find a LOL big enough for that one!

[​IMG]

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, good. Perhaps now that you have started laughing again you will dedicate a big laugh to the little attorney from Maryland. He deserves it.

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

CMG, how come on one hand (the CP), you focus on (and exaggerate) the very small percentage of their policy with which you disagree and ignore all the things that you'd like...

But on the other hand (the GOP) you ignore the vast volume of things with which you disagree and hang onto the very little that you like?

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The unfortunate policy of the CP of calling the war in Iraq was drawn up with the hopes of bringing in the anti-war vote.

I have heard that point of view expressed since the Korean War. It is false. Even the Libertarians do not say that the war is illegal. Such policy gives aid and comfort to the Islamic militants and it undermines support for our troops. It is the cornerstone of the CP policy of neo-isolationism.

The real enemy here is the left-wing Democrat but the CP is so intent on dropping the atomic bomb on the GOP that they join hands with the left-wing Democrats.

Politics makes strange bedfellows but I am not rich enough to donate one second of my life or one red cent to Peroutka and his ilk.

You are all just a bunch of neo-hippies.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

You've been hanging around the GOP for too long, where positions are nothing more than calculated tactics to get votes.

The CP folks actually believe what they say...they are not cynical hypocrites, as you suggest, and as are the GOP and Democrat leadership.

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

As far as I'm concerned, "hippies" no longer exist. They were a product of the 60's and early 70's. Neither do "beatniks."

People are around that are against the war in Iraq. Some of these people come at this position from their Christian beliefs (and some do not). A Christian who does not believe in an unjustified (last resort) war has just as much right to post here as one that supports every war the U.S. has ever gotten itself into.

Do you actually believe that the leadership of America has never made a mistake and gotten us into an unjustified war? I don't believe that any man-made institution is perfect and I believe it's not Biblical to believe that any have been.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The war is no more illegal than members of the BB are kind.

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Take a few minutes and read your own posts, CMG.