1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is a Town Clerk to do?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was the high courts in the state of NY that enabled the sin.....from there it flows down hill. The petty bureaucrat down the line can exercise his right to protest, but whats that going to do? He will most likely get fired & replaced by some other paper pusher who will do the job & probably gladly & for less money (there is a million of them in line for the job). Now the poor bureaucrat is out of work & probably looses all his benefits he has accumulated. No your focus is wrong.....go back to the high courts & the rotten politicians that created this nightmare in the 1st place.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I don't have a choice on the taxes.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure you do. Stop earning money, or move. Or you could always go to prison for tax evasion.

4. matt wade

So by your line of thinking should we assume that you would perform abortions as a doctor, since they are legal?

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Abortion causes death. Processing an application doesn't cause a same-sex relationship.

6. matt wade

If abortions required an application, would you process them? Because you know...is "getting legal documentation really sinful"?

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have taken a stand against the normalization of homosexuality, so it is easy for me to say unequivocally, that I would not help gays get married. And I would do whatever I could to bring attention to the plight of Christians with conscientious objections.

As a former truck driver, I have hauled hundreds of loads of beer, wine and hard alcohol from So. Cal to Ore and Wash. I have seen first hand the destruction alcohol has on people, and would vote for prohibition today.. But I never had the qualms against hauling it as I do against the homosexual agenda.

I'm wondering, for those that disapprove. Would you Baptists be willing to haul groceries if there were decks of cards, or tarot cards or ouija boards in the load? Insert any other legal, but conscience tweeking cargo..

8. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An abortion application wouldn't be only legal documentation. It would be a part of the process of murdering a child. I wouldn't work in a position that required me to be a part of the abortion process.

Now, would I process a record of an abortion? Yes. Recording something after the fact isn't participating in it. I wouldn't work for an abortion provider, but recording information in a public health job, for instance, is another matter.

Getting a same-sex marriage certificate is like buying real estate on the fantastical magic planet of Zonadoo. It's a legal fiction at best.

9. matt wade

You see, I feel the same about the application for homosexual marriage. I won't be part of the process.

10. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I completely respect someone's right of conscience on this matter. I think the appropriate thing for a person to do in this instance would be to resign.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

>Sure you do. Stop earning money, or move. Or you could always go to prison for tax evasion.

Republicans don't "believe in" "Give me liberty or give me death." Only Dems (right or wrong) dare oppose the US various governmental agencies in a physical way.