1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Biblical about waiting for God to bless?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Palatka51, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

If we are people of faith then shouldn't we be looking for God's blessings in everything that is done within His will?

Shouldn't we do His will regardless of getting a blessing?

Or better yet, Even if the outcome of doing His will means the loss of family, friends or carrier?

The blessing is always in service to Him through His Son, Jesus Christ. Not in the material things of this world.

Therefore God is always blessing even in sickness and health or poverty and wealth. :love2: :godisgood:

Your thoughts are most welcomed.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a good reminder. So many times we associate good things with blessings, not the "bad" or hard things in life. Sometimes it's impossible for us to actually see the good in a bad situation, even when we're in God's will. Thank you for the reminder that blessings are more than circumstances.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I look on the blessings of God like setting down to a great feast. I see the food that is nutritional and vital to my over all health but it might not taste so good. (Brussels sprouts for me) To eat that would gag and cause me to choke but it is going to provide that of what I need to live. Much of what is happening today is not good to many folks, Christian or non Christian. I am reminded of Correy Tin Boon's giving praise to God for the fleas in their barracks. A blessing from God they were because it kept the guards from coming in to harass and rape those young women of the Holocaust. Such blessings makes us cringe or become fearful but they have their purpose for the strengthening of our faith,

I see the deserts with ice cream and cake and the pleasure of just rolling it around on my tongue but it is not so good for my overall health. Such is the blessings of plenty and wealth. I would never know the strength or have the fortification to endure hardships if this is all that I ever ate. If I am only given the brussels sprout and do not find the blessing in it but sit in bitterness refusing that blessing then I will die not knowing the strength that God wants to show me.

Yet if I do not lift my fork and dig in I am not going to experience the blessing spread before me. Waiting is useless, reach out and eat. :godisgood: