1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Barry Johnson, Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that is not my stance. I am saying, and have been saying your asking the wrong question. God allows sin to happen for His purposes. In that sense, it is His will to let sin occur.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No because you are hiding/denying his desire. God states his what he wants and desires in his command.

You can't harmonize your beliefs, just like I explained in another thread you are hung up on by means.
    Example: #1 GOD always gets what he wants. #2 GOD does not want for you to ever sin again.

So you are sinless now right? because God doesn't want you to sin.

You can't harmonize both those statements. So you go with a guy who spent only 5 minutes working out from a man's perspective....... So I guess he just SAYS he wants things done but REALLY TRULY wants things done another way.

Like the saying power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, Your working it out from a power monger perspective of plain man rather than the great love that is Jesus Christ.

And we get that same poorly thought out logic when other Calvinist claim well God loves everyone like a 2nd class Love.....not actual love.

There is grace every where but here's effectual grace. All this nonsense because you already assumed God has to work with your poorly thought out plan.

You pigeonholed God on his means. If God wants a cake it HAS to fall out the sky. If God doesn't want someone to sin today......They have to drop dead in that moment.

You ought to trust God MORE have faith so when you hear him say I don't want anyone in the world to sin, to believe he actually means it.

Its sad you can't agree to that on account you can't work it out from a perspective of a man with absolute power, YOUR IDEA of how can that even be possible. You could only get it to "work" by tossing the character of Jesus Christ under the bus.

Reminds me of the saying if you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

3. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I believe what I said is God's will is always accomplished. It is the will of God to allow sin to occur for a period of time. Once again, you don't get to put words in my mouth. That's called dishonest.

4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dishonest is teaching people God wants people to sin.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.