1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Goin On? That is Weird? Help?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Choosefaith, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Choosefaith

Choosefaith New Member

Hey I just went to a search engine and typed choosefaith in the search because I have submitted my site to many but it linked to my Baptist Board post? Wierd... it was Aol or Mamma.com Search. Can someone try it because it was logged on (Maybe because it is my Computer) Does anyone know of any good Submit Sites? That are Free of Course.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The main search engines will "spider" all web sites they know of and/or can find for the search words you input. If it finds it on Baptist Board, it will show Baptist Board as a result.

Free submissions to search engines are becoming, unfortunately, a thing of the past. You can still submit to Yahoo and AltaVista. You can try submitting to Excite. I don't recall off the top of my head, but Google might have a section where you can submit sites.

Your other option is to find sites like Christian Top 1000, and list your site there.

About the only other thing you can do is search out other web sites that list or link to web sites, and ask them to add a link to your page. That has the additional side benefit of, just like what happened with Baptist Board coming up when you punched in "choosefaith," your web site coming up in more than one place.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Submitting to yahoo search isn't free is it? I believe I read somewhere today it was $300. Actually it was the message board where I have my web site at(I make and sell folk art), over there we are all looking for ways to advertise, free when possible or cheap.

4. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Choosefaith -

Your other option is to change your screen name here on the board. We get a ton of hits from different search engines and it keeps us on their front pages. Just about any member's screen name shows up on a Google search first page linking them to this site.

- Clint

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. InHim2002

InHim2002 New Member

Google, Yahoo, alta vista etc etc etc all offer free site submission and definatly do not charge for registration - the google one is here http://www.google.com/addurl.html

I think there is some confusion here because they also all offer a 'premium' listing service ie. you pay some cash and they bump you up the search results.

But free search engine registration is not going anywhere anytime soon - I can;t concieve of a business model that a portal would employ that would discourage people from adding their sites to it.

If you want to add your site to a whole load of search engines quickly then give http://www.addme.com/ a try.

7. Choosefaith

Choosefaith New Member

Thanks Guys!