1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is Important...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by calebreedgordon, Oct 25, 2011.

1. calebreedgordon

calebreedgordon New Member

So I found out that one of my daughters favorite singers is going to be in town Thursday. (www.brittnicole.com ) Hannah asked "Daddy, can we please go see her..." I sat and I thought to myself reasons why we should not go..."not enough time...low on cash...the drive to Tulsa would be killer...it's school night...but then I got to thinking...She's only 9 years old for a few more days!

The movie clip from the movie "COURAGEOUS" popped in my head "Daddy, come dance with me..." and he did not dance with her, and he regretted it for the rest of his life.

I have the opportunity to win my daughters heart by going out to a concert for a couple of hours with her...she does not understand that I'm busy...she does not understand that I'm tired...she does not understand anything about that, all she would hear is "Daddy is to busy to do something with me."

What am I doing to win my kids hearts? LISTEN TO ME...I'm not saying "Make them my friends" I'm saying WINNING THEIR HEARTS, gaining their trust....MAKING LASTING MEMORIES WITH MY BABIES that no one can take away from them.

"Daddy, can we go?" YEP!

You'll sleep better this way...

www.calebgordon.com