1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is it that makes homosexuals so despised by Southern Baptists?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by alvin, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

God gave us a heart and mind to see sinners saved, not sympathy for a wicked lifestyle they choose to live. We're never to commend sinners for being sinners, let alone, condoning the homosexual lifestyle.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure does. Been a SB member practically the entire time I've been a member of a church. And I've come to realize that we don't get that this constant vilification of particular stigmatized by us sins while treating our own equally heinous sin as less vile does nothing for our ability to point the very ones to Christ whom we are vilifying.

If all you ever heard coming from the church was that your sin is the worst of the worst...so much so that they have to add special articles into their bylaws specific to your particular sin...it kinda makes those folks not want to listen.

Why doesn't the SBC and the church start telling the gay community, "Hey my coveting, my lust, my stealing, my idolatry...is just as bad as your fornication?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree, and that is the first thought that went through my mind at the start of the thread. What does same sex relationships have to do with the SBC? It is a Christian issue. The SBC is not even an organization that has any authority, as their members are autonomous. Anything the SBC has or is comes from the local church.

In theory, each local church can set their own standard on the issue, but all or most all are going to go by Scripture. It is another example of a thread started without purpose or thought.

4. alvin

alvin New Member

Zaac; Thanks for your openness. Surprised they let you post. The one thing that keeps coming up is I am a "trol", not even sure what that is, and that I am dishonest, do not get that one also as I was clear I was doing research on a dissertation. No one has to agree but when we do not allow questions then all is lost.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm nasty because I'm quick to call the foul,unGodliness of the folks on this board what it is.

What needs to be problematic with you and plenty of others is the constant unrighteous judgment coming from the lot of you.

Where have you seen Alvin rebel against God's word?

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because most if not all groups consider those actions as sins - even liberals!

Excellent point! As to keep this thread on OP, I have started this thread

#46 Salty, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Probably because they are too busy worrying about the Mormon church.

#47 saturneptune, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Alvin, it just kinda goes with the territory. There is a hive mentality on this board. And if you speak out against what "the regulars" bill as the "acceptable to them" right response, then you're called a troll.

Oddly enough you can't call them liars when they lie on you. But they can call you a troll.

But as I said, you've got some of the nastiest personalitied individuals on this site that I have ever seen on the web, and they do and say what they do under the guise of being Godly.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Let me ask this question again:

Alvin: Is homosexuality a sin?

10. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

He won't answer you. He has failed to directly respond to anyone here except Zaac, someone who will pat him on the back and tell him how great he is for his liberal, anti-God agenda.

11. alvin

alvin New Member

Anssi I will reply once more...that is for God to determine. He does not have a sin committee set up to determine what is and what is not sin. Thank goodness, for I am sure there are many who would love to be on that committee. In fact, there are some who already think they are on that committee.

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Homosexuality is is a class by itself when it comes to sin.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is for God to determine? Seriously?
    Man, do you read your Bible? Do you know what it says?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.