1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is it the WoF folks really believe?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Plain Old Bill, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

What is thier theology? What is the difference between what they believe and what charismatics believe?What are thier fundamentals?

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you listen to TBN just for a few minutes you will quickly see the name it and claim it folks asking for money. If you also listen you will hear the TV folks proclaim how they have gotten rich by "God." The only problem is the ignorant who send money to them to help them get greedier and wealthier.

That is like Tide soap saying that God made Tide rich because of the faith of the soap opera watchers.

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

As an outsider looking it, they appear to be a blend of Baptist, Pentacostal, and name it/claim it theology.

4. Bookborn

Bookborn New Member

Bill, turns out I taught a whole series on this once. So, maybe I can shed some tiny light.

Here is an acronym I came up with to describe the Word of Faith Movement... The Acronym is W.O.R.D. O.F. F.A.I.T.H.

W - Wealth is God's Will for All Christians
    O - Overemphasis of Power of the Tongue
    R - Rebirth & Redemption in Hell of Jesus
    D - Downplaying of Doctrine

O - Overemphasis of Power Over Satan
    F - Faith is a Force Used by God and All Men

F - Faith in Your Own Faith (Faith in Self)
    A - All Christians are Little Gods
    I - Intellectual Laws of Logic Downplayed
    T - Teaching Another Gospel & Another Jesus
    H - Health is Always God's Will for Us

This, of course, is a synopsis. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have specifically or when I get more time, I'll enlarge upon this.
    Under His easy yoke,
    Bookborn