1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is it you look for when choosing a church?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mikey, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say you have recently moved to a new city and looking to join a new church. what are the key aspects that you look for in a church? Worship style? Denomination connection?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That they have sound doctrine, as in their statement of beliefs are correct on essential doctrines, have good worship, have sound teaching from pastor, and have a thriving cell group and children ministries!

3. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would you count as essential doctrines? I assume it would include the Trinity, Deity of Jesus, Faith alone. Scripture alone. Anything more?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The main ones described in things suchas the Westminster/baptist Confessions of faith!

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Yesh1, doctrine is of key importance to me.
    The fundamentals, Trinity, Scripture, sin, salvation through faith alone,
    • I personally am drawn toward a free grace community.
    • I’d exclude charismatic communities of faith.
    • Id exclude those whose statement of faith expresses a particular form of creationism.
    Excellence in preaching draws me in.
    I appreciate an organized disciplined and learned preacher that motivates his community toward Christlikeness

I would examine the congregation, looking for integration of culture; rich and poor, educated and working class, a variety of races.

I would attempt to find a ministry that interests me, motivates me, or that stretches me... (not too much, I’m getting older).

I personally don’t want a church that’s too big, where I would disappear into the crowd, but not one to small either.

Rob

• Like Like x 1