1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is known of Dr. Michael Bisconti?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

anyone have any information?

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

From his website Life Foundations Nexus:

In just a brief (very brief) check of the website I concluded that Dr. Bisconti mixes religion, medicine and politics.

I did notice something about the website. One of the website's advertisers is Screensavers.com which provides screensavers for download. Some of these screensavers depict cartoon characters, some depict tropical beach scenes, some depict nature scenes, etc. Some of the models shown on some of these screensavers are - well, let's just say I wouldn't want my daughter going out in public dressed like that. I have to question the motives of anyone who would have such an advertiser on a "Christian" website.

I also noticed that, apparently, one of our own BB members participates in a KJVO debate forum at this website. Hey, robycop3, is the "Steelmaker" over there you? If so, can you tell us anything more about the good Doc Bisconti?

3. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Is he the new translator who will try and get you to buy more bibles?

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm looking at his website and so far I am not impressed. For example, he invented a concept he calls "transdialection," which seems to be something that no linguist or translator has ever known about before. (And he doesn't seem to have a linguist's concept of what a dialect really is.)

He invented another word/concept he calls "Bibliomonism" which states that "There can be only one standard ('standard' means 'correct and, to avoid confusion, given priority over all others' [this means that other Bibles can be correct, though subordinate to the standard]) text of the Bible in any language." Yet he gives no Biblical or linguistic support for this, making it his presuppostion (or as the theologians like to say nowadays, preunderstanding)--and from where?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I musta missed something, or posted there & forgotten about it. I think I mighta read the site awhile back, dismissed them as a buncha nuts, & moved on. It doesn't take much reading to see they're three Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Like many another KJVO site, it's all guesswork. But the resta material on that site, including "transdialection", appear to be something invented by Monte Python's Flying Circus.

Yes, I am "Steelmaker". That useta be my dad's handle before he dropped outta these debates some 10 years ago. With his permission I took it over in the old Delphi forum & carried it over when the Ezboard forums began, before I ever used 'robycop3'.

Outside his own site, and a coupla Ezboard forums, I've never heard of this dude, but his "work" speaks for itself. Evidently, it's not a satire like that "Baptist Church" thingie.

6. DesiderioDomini

well we are debating on KJV1611 board right now.....and like JoJ said, he is using stuff I have never heard of.

I had a feeling he was just making it up.

I'm not sure how to refute the invention of ones imagination! But, Ill give it a shot

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, I was banned from those boards several years ago by "Can't Answer", and although I can easily get around such bans, I won't, because to me that's not behaving as a Christian. (If YOU believe differently, fine...I refer to the "meat offered to idols" dilemma facing Paul and the Corinthians.)

Anyone can say anything. There is no shortage of wing nuts; some are so obvious that few if any believe them. We cannot respond to every one of them; there are just too many. Most, like cicadas, hum for a few days & vanish.

But I honestly don't remember posting anything on Bisconti's site. Could you provide us a URL that might refresh my memory? (I turned 58 last week. Maybe eating too many Everlastburgers in the boxing ring & too many Riddellburgers on the gridiron is catching up?)

8. DesiderioDomini

9. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone ever hear of a KJVO site with "subscribers Now More Than 8,500,000 Strong" before?

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only in someone's vivid imagination or wishful thinking.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanx, DD; he may have responded to one of my posts from BVDB, & I didn't follow up because I didn't believe his tractor made full pulls nor that anyone took him seriously.

12. DesiderioDomini

HAHA, well thats what it looks like.

This nutcase rivals only Pinnoccio from "Shrek" in dillusionalism.

Wait, maybe its Disillusionalismistcally.

thats better. I think he would be proud.

13. DesiderioDomini

14. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

My eyes started glazing over while Bisconti tried to explain how certain things were true "transcendentally" but not "immanently," and vice versa. I've never seen such a blatant case of windbaggery in my life: special pleading trying to pass itself off as intellectual sophistication.

15. DesiderioDomini

Honestly, I was dumbfounded. I think he really expects everyone to just say "Fine, I cant keep up, you win"

Its amazing what God will do through people who just stand up to lies. I didnt really do anything, I just restated what I have read before, I havent really done any innovative research of my own. HE IS THE ONE who is supposed to have done that.

I was honestly prepared to get smoked here......I still dont believe he just quit like that.

16. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Aw, c'mon. You're giving him far too much credit. From what I have seen so far his Happy Meal lacks everything but the toy surprise! [​IMG]

Very typical KJVOism as it is frequently displayed. Nothing of substance there, only more guessing and dodging the truth.

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. DesiderioDomini

for Roby and others who would relish in this opportunity, it appears Dr. Mike is a glutton for punishment.

Here is the message board he just created. Follow the rules so you can hang around, and lets see what happens when he actually has to debate real people.

http://lfnexus.com/nexdrum/index.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.