1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is man, that thou art mindful of him?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Palatka51, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Have you ever thought about this question?

Just what is man that God is so mindful of him?

In all that God has wrought man is just a speck of dust. In all of His Heaven of heavens He sends His Son to endure 33 years of life and temptations of men. Then put Him through a night and a day of shear agony, die alone and in His final breath crying out, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" His only begotten Son dead. For my sin He died. He took death so I might live. Who am I that He would do such a thing for me? I am a sinner, nothing I do can ever change that. Yet he came to change me. Me a sinner, to be changed from desires of the flesh to desire the presence of God. Why does He want me? I am filthy and unclean.

Then He does something marvelous, He took that dead thing and made it alive again. He could not leave His Son dead. He is alive! Life could not associate with death and yet Life has come to that which is dead. What is Life that it should be mindful of the dead? God truly so loved His Son that He would not let Him see corruption.

Psalm 16:10&11
    10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

What am I that He would die for me? Is truly a question that all of us here have asked.

Now a new question, Who am I that He should live for me?

If God had left Christ in Hell and in the grave His death would not have meant a thing. His death did have meaning, it meant my sin is cast into hell.

Life comes forth with the proclamation that death has been vanquished.

Now for all that will look to Christ for remission of sins He is faithful to impart Life to that which should die.

The grace of God is something that is hard to understand. However, I do not have to understand it but I must receive it. Received it I have.

When in this Board we start to discuss the various sins of man we sometimes forget the grace that God has given for our own sin.

It is very hard to forgive someone who has harmed a loved one because of a mindless act of a sinful nature. Sometimes we will even impart that sin to others that might be leading down the same road that lead to our own hurt.

Our sin caused the Son of the Living God to bear the wrath of God upon Himself so we might be justified and be made free from wrath. His grace brought Him forth alive to live evermore.

I realize that only the grace of God can make a man see his own sin. I have seen mine and I ask your forgiveness. JerryL and the rest, may you find grace to forgive my judgmental nature.