1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is music?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Aaron, Aug 14, 2005.

1. tenor

tenor New Member

Aaron,

Thanks for the last post. I think I see where you are coming from, even though I may not agree with you fully.

In some ways we are in full agreement. In others, we seem to be using different terminology and trying to compare apples with oranges.

I never intended to infer that A&E's music did not sound recognizably like "music."

Thank you for making me think. It's a good exercise.

Tim

2. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Would you have ever imagined the music of ancient China?

Music is a medium through which interaction occurs.

Music is not demeanor, it communicates demeanor.

3. tenor

tenor New Member

I have wanted to be able to travel in time and hear certain first performances of works I love.

Mozart's "Marriage of Figaro," any of JS Bach's Church Cantatas, Handel's "Messiah" and many other works. The instruments are different now, philosophies of vocal production are different, etc.

It would be fascinating to hear these thing and actually see the reaction of the audience first hand.

Tim

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, we passed the 20 post limit (rule of the BB) so must close this thread.