1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is "REDEFINED" Free Grace Theology?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lou Martuneac, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

Greetings:

I want to dispel the misnomer being spread by some Grace Evangelical Society (GES) members, especially Antonio da Rosa. The misnomer, and it is a major misnomer, is that GES is the voice of the Free Grace movement in general.

The GES has in fact become a shrinking cell of extremists that have fallen into the trap of Zane Hodges’ “Crossless” interpretation of the Gospel. This “contrary doctrine” of Hodges and Bob Wilkins’s “Crossless/Deityless” interpretation of the Gospel has been the cause of “division and offences” in the FG camp and churches. (Rom. 16:17-18).

The teachings of Hodges is what has come to be known and accurately defined as the “Crossless Gospel,” “ReDefined Free Grace Theology” and the “Promise Only Gospel.” It is largely because of GES’s heretical views of the Gospel; many men in the Free Grace community have separated from GES and do not want their name or ministry to be identified with the GES.

Exposure of the egregious errors of Hodges, Wilkin, Neimela, Myers, and lesser knowns like Antonio da Rosa has put GES in cardiac arrest. It is my hope and prayer the GES is soon to become totally isolated and outside any relevant discussion of the Gospel. I want to share this article with all BB guests, Is “ReDefined” Free Grace Theology- Free Grace Theology?

The article will help them understand that the egregious doctrine of Zane Hodges, Bob Wilkin and especially Antonio da Rosa do not speak for and do NOT represent the general population of men who identify themselves as members of the Free Grace community. Few statements better exemplify the absurd teaching of the Crossless gospel than those by Antonio da Rosa.

The Free Grace community has been Fractured by the Crossless Gospel. It is a good fracture in that large numbers of FG men have withdrawn from GES over the Hodges/Wilkin “Crossless” interpretation of the Gospel.

Lord willing not one more unsuspecting believer will fall into the trap of the “Crossless” gospel.

LM

For a comprehensive review of the GES “Crossless” gospel, read the multi-part series, The Tragedy of the Crossless Gospel at the Grace Family Journal

#1 Lou Martuneac, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  2. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

The "godchildren" of Zane Hodges

Earlier this week one BB member asked me what if any connection there is between Antonio da Rosa and Zane Hodges. One need look no further than the avatar that Antonio uses: Hodges’s book, Absolutely Free. When he does not use that avatar he uses a picture of Hodges.

Many who read what the Grace Evangelical Society (GES) followers of Hodges say and write have come to conclude that this has become a movement centered on the anti-biblical teachings and personality of Hodges.

The shrinking and extremist GES faction of the Free Grace movement, the faction that Antonio speaks on behalf of are convinced that until Hodges came along with his unique interpretation of the Gospel the NT church has not had right understanding of the faith that saves.

If you think I may be stretching on either of the two paragraphs above, please go to this article I Am Proud to be One of Zane Hodges’ godchildren at Antonio’s pro-Crossless gospel group blog. The Crossless gospel advocates that write at this blog are Antonio, Rose, HK Flynn and Matthew. This particular article was written by Matthew.

You will read things such as,
    My blog partner Kevl, had this reaction:

3. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

It is a serious misunderstanding to assume the Zane Hodges Crossless interpretation of the Gospel is widely held by men in the Free Grace community. The Crossless gospel is an extreme reductionist assault on the Gospel.

Because of this I will continue spending time interacting with various non-FG groups to help them understand that the GES faction of the Free Grace community is an isolated, shrinking cell of people who have gone off to the far extremes that most in the FG camp reject and have separated from the Grace Evangelical Society over.