1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is regeneration or new birth?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Sep 18, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

In your mind it has because you believe a lie !

Sure when the deeds of that individual are manifested. Your posts here clearly show me that God at this point has ordained you to believe and teach lies !

#81 savedbymercy, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here are the facts of scripture which you have no valid response for. You can't deal with these specifics and so you make your stupid personal attacks.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I gave my reponses, check the thread, nothing you have stated invalidates anything I have posted ! I cannot help it you believe lies..

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there also at that time a resurrection of dead people? You know Larry, Curly and Mo our friends from our youth. People we have known.

how that Christ (the once living soul, who had poured out his soul unto death) died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he (Christ the soul) was buried, and that he (Christ the soul) rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    Now if Christ be preached that he (Christ the soul) rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? (People, souls)

this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell,

Is resurrection from the dead some sort of regeneration?

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there also at that time a resurrection of dead people? You know Larry, Curly and Mo our friends from our youth. People we have known.

how that Christ (the once living soul, who had poured out his soul unto death) died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he (Christ the soul) was buried, and that he (Christ the soul) rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    Now if Christ be preached that he (Christ the soul) rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? (People, souls)

this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell,

Is resurrection from the dead some sort of regeneration of the soul also?

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is t------------------Double post sorry

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

First, both scriptures are explicitly referring to the "BODY" and the resurrection of the body not the "soul".

In the resurrection the "soul" is united with the body and thus what comes up out of the grave is the soul in union with the body.

The "soul" of a child of God NEVER dies (Jn. 11:26) but simply leaves the body and enters heaven at physical death (2 Cor. 5:5-9; Philip. 1:20-22).

Peter is quoting from Psalms where David uses a PARALLELISM or saying the same thing twice but in different terms. In this parallelism the term "soul" is used interchangably with the term "body" as the resurrection is a union of soul and body coming up out of the grave.

#87 The Biblicist, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. That was about as much a union of Soul and body as the following was. And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When the spirit was breathed into, man became a living soul.

When the spirit departed back to God the Father, the man became a dead soul.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

To be "dead" is to be separated rather than become nonexistent. Physical death separates the spirit from the body. Hades is the realm of the dead spirit and dead body. The dead body of both the saved and lost goes to UPPER sheol or the "mouth" of sheol" which is the grave but the spirit of the lost - spiritually dead - go to the "lowest" sheol or the realm of the departed spirits.

The spirit of the saved NEVER DIE "believest thou this" (Jn. 11:26)? For the saved, to die is to be "ABSENT FROM THE BODY" while to live is to be "AT HOME IN THE BODY."

Jesus Christ took our place under the judgement of God in both soul and body so that we do not die spiritually or descend into sheol.

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Regeneration is when Christ who was dead for the sins of those He represented, was revived from that state of the dead still in representation of those he was dead in behalf of, and when He revived and entered into His Glory, they too, revived with Him and entered into His Glory. His Glory is theirs. Jn 17:22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Regeneration is from Two word origins, the first Palin which means:

anew, again

renewal or repetition of the action

b) again, anew

And the word genesis which means:

source, origin

a) a book of one's lineage, i.e. in which his ancestry or progeny are enumerated

2) used of birth, nativity

3) of that which follows origin, viz. existence, life

So it means in some respects back to life or back into existence, or begotten again.

For Christ's Resurrection is described as a being begotten as here Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Or Acts 13:33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

So His Resurrection Glory is the Regeneration, and all for whom He died are Represented with Him in His Regeneration from the Dead unto His Throne of Glory !

So Jesus says Matt 19:28

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

All the Elect of God were regenerated, made alive again with Christ when God regenerated Him from the dead Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

The us here of Eph 2:6 are the ones who followed Him in the Regeneration of Matt 19:28

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve

For remember, the punctuation is not inspired, so lets read this verse with the comma placed after the word regeneration:

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed[accompanied] me in the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel are not Twelve Literal Physical Tribes of ethnic jews, but that was merely a type, the anti type is the whole Election of Grace whom Christ represented as the Great High priest of God's People the Church when He offered Himself as an sin offering on their Behalf, unto God's Law and Justice ! Thats the Twelve Tribes of Israel, the Church or Body of Christ !