1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is Sin?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by gekko, Apr 5, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

hiyo!

I figured i'd put this in the youth forum because it concerns youth as much as non-youth... even the 'youth-at-hearts' haha.
    here goes:

what is sin?
    how do you determine what sin is and isn't?
    what do you think sin is?

that's it for now. if you think of any other questions... please post them along with your responses...

thank you. God bless.
    gek

p.s. im kind of doing a bit of research... but dont think of this as a test... just give your honest opinion... or non-opinion... whichever you like to call it.

2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

My opinion is somewhat lengthly, but there is a link you can follow any time you wish: HOLY BIBLE. Enjoy! [​IMG]

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

In the Bible sin is considered anything that goes against God's commands or principles, OR anytime you do not do good when you know to do it.

4. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

This is not difficult to answer.

1. Sin is the transgression of the Law.
    2. Whatever is not of faith is sin.
    3. Not doing right when you know to do right.

That pretty much covers the Bible definition of sin.

Max

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Sin is also Missing The Mark...

That is we are continuously attempting to shoot all bullseyes on the Target Range of being like Jesus...

I don't "group" as an Expert Marksman unless I "Practice" the "Discipline" on the Range of Life

Fortunately, unlike the Marine Corps, I don't have to shoot "Expert" to stay enlisted in The Lord's Army. [​IMG]

Mike Sr.

Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

G266
    hamartia
    Thayer Definition:
    1) equivalent to 264
    1a) to be without a share in
    1b) to miss the mark
    1c) to err, be mistaken
    1d) to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour,to do or go wrong
    1e) to wander from the law of God, violate God’s law, sin
    2) that which is done wrong, sin, an offence, a violation of the divine law in thought or in act
    3) collectively, the complex or aggregate of sins committed either by a single person or by many

6. gekko

gekko New Member

ok ok. i agree...

its just i've noticed alot lately that a whole whack of christians these days DONT know what sin is. they leave out God's law.

of the list that Pastor MHG made... they usually leave out number one. "sin is the transgression of the law"

so ok. what law? "love your neighbor as yourself and love the Lord your God with all your mind, strength etc.." ?

or is it more then that?

7. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Every sin has its roots in what we call the "Ten Commandments." If you can truly follow these, you are set, my friend.
    Matthew 19
    Mark 10
    Luke 18

8. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You can't codify every infraction...

To be truly sinless has to come from the heart...

A heart cleansed by the Blood of Jesus and changed by the Holy Spirit

Mike Sr.